Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 219

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Currently jamming “We Were Younger Then”...what a fucking good song. Really wish this made it into more sets as a main set closer

2. Dog Fish

Mutt

During this segment, did Adam get confused with number 5 and the intro to Fred Astaire?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Personally, I had no idea what he was talking about.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Dog Fish

Mutt

I'm certain he was talking about the little rings in the first few seconds of I Am Fred Astaire.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I assumed he was talking about that synth line that sits under the guitar in the intro.

6. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

agreed. it comes in right before the "are you positive" line.

edit: which is a similar sound to "come clean" by hilary duff.

Kingjohn_654, Essie and Dog Fish like this.
  7. RobJGolde

Nah that noise in the begin of Fred Astaire was most likely Fred messing around with feedback and a whammy pedal or phase shifter or something. Number 5 With a Bullet there’s that soft synth melody underneath the vocal melody. I’m pretty sure that’s what hes referring to

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i always forget how amazing "you got me" is

Kingjohn_654 and jordalsh like this.
  9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

What It Feels Like To Be A Ghost is not a song I expect to hear walking into the gym lol

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So my iTunes library fucked up over the summer and I lost a bunch of songs, mainly CDs I had burned in the last 3 years. I brought the CDs in from my car to burn in September, and then finally in like November I got around to it...except half the stack of CDs was missing from my dresser! And two of the albums in that missing stack are Happiness Is and Tidal wave.

It’s driving me crazy and I have no idea where they guck these CDs went.

Kingjohn_654 and Jdaniels like this.
  11. Orla Jan 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2019)
    Orla

little old lady Prestigious

For a while, I worked near a Whole Foods that usually had like, adult contemporary music playing in the store, except for one time I stopped in and heard “Sink Into Me”, along with Sparta’s “Taking Back Control”, AFI’s “Silver and Cold”, and some AAR song. It was the weirdest shit.

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Once in a grand while some scene songs make their way into primetime NFL broadcasts, that’s always cool to hear.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Sounds like A Song For Dan is a piano ballad.

14. RobJGolde

Definitely heard “Capital M-E” during a game before

Kingjohn_654 and disambigujason like this.
  15. schackbr

Regular

so 'Twenty' is out in some parts of the world. where is "A Song For Dan" haha.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

A sobering reflection on the guilt of surviving a loved one’s death, the sweeping orchestral lament was first kindled by drummer O’Connell, who sought to commemorate the passing of one of his dear friends and bandmates from his youth. “Mark and I had a good friend who tragically passed away during the recording of our [2016] Tidal Wave record,” explains Cooper. “He taught Mark and I a ton about songwriting and guitar playing. After he passed, Mark was inspired and spent about a year working on the musical arrangement of the song.” Disquieting in its vulnerability, Lazarra’s voice quakes fiercely as he sings, “So many lessons left unlearned/All those warning signs you missed…/If I could reach you, I would.”

Taking Back Sunday Mark 20 Years With Tour, New Track ‘A Song for Dan’ – Rolling Stone

17. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Davjs likes this.
  18. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Fuck, that song is rad.

Excited for the future of TBS

MegT585, disambigujason and Davjs like this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Adam's vocals on here are really good. He voice reaches a pitch by the end that I haven't heard him do since like 06.

MegT585, Kingjohn_654 and Dog Fish like this.
  20. Remember Isaac Bolivar, Matt Fazzi's friend and also ex touring guitarist? Just seen that he's working with BANKS on her upcoming album and it blew my mind. Glad to see him go on to bigger things after his departure from Happy Body Slow Brain.

21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"a song for dan" is lovely

22. schackbr

Regular

he also went on tour with Seal. which is so incredibly cool / weird

23. Dog Fish

Mutt

adam sounds a lot like john during the softer vocal parts.

irthesteve likes this.
  24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Dan is a very good song. Love the bass line in it.

Davjs likes this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

Just checked it out, I echo all the love too. What a great song. Almost too good to be on a complication like this that probably won't get it the attention it deserves.

disambigujason likes this.