Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 202

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. davxdcampbell

Or telling John he can leave after TAYF so Fred can come party for the next two albums....

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Does anyone think that the songs are rerecorded on Twenty? I kind of think they'd have to be in order for it to be released - especially since the member changes.

3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I'm predicting they aren't, but I'm hoping they are.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I'd say no shot the songs are re-recorded, this will TBS' International Superhits. The album tracklisting will probably just be the songs they're playing nightly now anyway, and the new/old members already perform them anyway in their original state, so why re-record them?

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

idk IMO it just doesnt make sense to re-record them. if you wanna hear john sing on a decade under the influence, or my blue heaven, or any Fred-era song, just go see them live. it sounds good. i don't think i'd ever listen to re-recorded older songs just because of the attachments i have to the originals. maybe that's just me.

i just really really really wish they'd stop parading TAYF around though. this new incarnation has released 3 albums, why not play Happiness Is or even Self Titled? I'd rather see either of those over TAYF again and I rank self titled as their worst release.

6. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Yeah I do wish, as stoked as I am to see either of the 3 albums, that Happiness Is, Self Titled And Tidal Wave were options too.

Make it totally random each night who gets what! Random generate the pick before the show lol

Davjs, Jdaniels and unbornwhiskey like this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

make a big wheel and bring it out on stage and spin it every night (but first actually play spin bc puns rule)

that would be fun

8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'd want to go to the WYWTB night, really wish it wasn't random

9. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I’m really hoping whenever they make their way to NC that it’ll be a two day stop, would make sense since half the band lives here now. I would def go to both nights.

Jdaniels likes this.
  10. dzyjay

Regular

No Toronto date bummed

11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

y'all Leg-2 will be a thing do we really think they're gonna do a 20-year tour and hit no places on the entire eastern seaboard?

13. BTDandFeelingThis

C32FFCB7-AD39-4A8A-AA60-39841EBDE703.png

Jdaniels and Davjs like this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I wonder how many lines Johns gonna sing that were written directly about him

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I hope its cool but i cant get over how bad of a band name “fate’s got a driver” is

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So I still think WYWTB, Louder Now, and New Again is the best records by a landslide.. however... I just put on Happiness Is for the first time in a while and it finally clicks.

I dig it.

disambigujason and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Eddie's in a new band? I thought the reason he left TBS was to be home with his family.

18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I got the feeling that Eddie and the guys had a falling out based on some of his Facebook posts a few months back. He had some cryptic comments about friends stabbing him in the back or something along those lines. Who knows who it was directed towards, though.

19. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I’d imagine it has more to do with Eddie not wanting to part of the TBS machine anymore. He can set the pace of his new band. Those guys in TBS go hard as far as touring/recording cycles and I’m sure that’s not the ideal environment for someone trying to sober up.

20. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

This new song is fantastic. It really gives me early TBS vibes.

Kingjohn_654 and stars143 like this.
  21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

that new john song is amazing. reminds me of the s/t demos disc

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the ending is so amazing. man. i love him

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  23. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

That song got me on a TBS kick. So many memories to every album. Happiness Is playing now, so many good college memories, most of them incredibly drunk but incredibly fun

24. BTDandFeelingThis

According to their twitter the songs on Twenty will be remastered versions

disambigujason and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah I thought it was super weird for him to openly admit that he needed to stop touring to get his sobriety in order, which is what led to the extended TBS absence, and then as soon as TBS let the news drop that he was officially out, it seemed like it was right back in another band getting ready to go out and tour. i'm gonna try not to speculate any further than this because i don't want to trivialize or minimize someone's addiction or attempted recovery but it really seems like there was more going on that led to his departure than his absence due to needed recovery.

part of me still feels like had the band just been upfront about his departure from day 1 this would all feel a lot less murky now

Jdaniels likes this.