Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 189

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea I mean, again, I wanna meet these people cuz idk any of em lol my original post was meant to be a little tongue in cheek anyway

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Well here's another likely scenario that accounts for people at their shows, I don't like this band much at all but I go see them because my girlfriend is one of those die hards and I like old stuff. So die hards are probably going with friends who aren't as familiar

disambigujason likes this.
  3. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I feel like this is all Adam ever talks about.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

It absolutely is all he ever talks about

and when all your setlists are made up 90% of songs from over 10 years ago, its hard to make the case that you don't want to be a nostalgia act.

6. BTDandFeelingThis

I was surprised he went back to school

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Good for him. Wonder if that’s a sign of things coming to an end soon? Maybe thinking of a career after the band?

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Also surprised to see how little they seem to have written/recorded for a TW follow-up...and no questions about Eddie?

beachdude42 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  9. BTDandFeelingThis

You watch your tongue.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i have to imagine before any interviews begin there are discussions of topics that are not going to be answered. eddie has to be one of them, especially if it involves his personal life/addiction. it's almost not their place to address it. they said he's no longer in the band, and however awkwardly they handled it, they did their part. i don't ever ever expect them to address the eddie situation in any further detail at all.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

‘Can we talk about Eddie?’
    ‘No’
    ‘Can we talk about Fred or Matt?’
    ‘No’
    ‘What about Jesse Lacey’
    ‘Absolutely not’
    ‘Hmmm, want to talk about how TBS isn’t emo?’
    ‘YES!!!!’

12. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Seriously. Like, dude, I commend that idea that you don't want to be forever known as the Tell All Your Friends band or "that band that sings Makedamnsure", but you've put out 2 legitimately good, if not great, albums in the last 4 years. Keep pushing and playing those songs more, as well as deep cuts from the old albums.

Jdaniels, Davjs, beachdude42 and 2 others like this.
  13. nickdr921

Regular

1. I love all of their new material, however if all they play is the new material I'm afraid no one will show up. I am the only person that i currently know that listens to new tbs. everyone is mostly going to the shows to hear the old stuff and this is unfortunate bc their new stuff kicks ass.
    2. People probably aren't into their new stuff bc the scene is probably fucking dead at this point, or at least it's totally changed. I just feel like people aren't excited about this kind of music anymore, nor is it popular or mainstream. Notice when they were super famous and people cared is when the scene was thriving and when they were getting tv and radio play. People just don't care as much as they used to.
    3. End of rant, tbs forever.

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Been home all day sick and checked this thread out earlier. Threw on Live from Orensanz. I need a vinyl version. Its still SO good.

15. BTDandFeelingThis

When Tidal Wave came out they did an entire club tour playing the entire album front to back. A lot of the dates sold out, iirc. The date I went to was PACKED

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

in total fairness, those shows probably sold out way before people knew theyd only be playing TW, but i do think its a cop out to just assume people arent into the newer music. i love the newer music and its not played live anywhere near enough.

disambigujason likes this.
  17. BTDandFeelingThis

They were up front the moment those shows got announced that they’d be playing it in their entirety. I’m sure there’s some who didn’t pay attention, but it was advetised as such

Jdaniels likes this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

is that right? i definitely dont remember that, but even more so furthers my point that people do care about the new stuff, and i wish they gave it more live life. id love to see happiness in full, hell enough time has past that i think id go see a full playing of self titled.

Jdaniels and Bad Frequencies like this.
  19. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’d imagine a good chunk of people go regardless of what they’ll be playing bc they know at least CWTE will be played. I know my favorite bands could tell me what the boring set list is a month in advance and I’d still go every time.

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  20. schackbr

Regular

can only talk about what you get asked about

21. schackbr

Regular

they also played smaller venues for these shows if i remember correctly

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Eddie Reyes "6 Degrees"

I’m at work so can’t really listen right now but this is a long interview with eddie talking about his new band and his music past. I have no idea how much detail if any he goes into about TBS but it could be worth a listen if anyone wants to let us know if any questions we may have are answered here.

beachdude42, mattav152 and RobJGolde like this.
  23. BTDandFeelingThis

@Larry David @bachna84 @Nate_Johnson who wants to make us who can’t listen some cliff notes?!

24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

beachdude42 and Bad Frequencies like this.
  25. i'll start