Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 170

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Eh, not a Coheed fan, so I doubt I'd go if TBS weren't headlining.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

more like coheedlining tour

3. schackbr

Regular

yeahhhh kinda bummed. prob gonna sit this one out

4. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Ooh they are playing Nashville. Is it a coheadline really or is TBS taking a back seat to Coheed. I like Coheed but I won’t go if they get more time than tbs

5. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Thats such a weird lineup to me. Like not weird for TBS and Coheed to be playing together but TSSF opening just seems like an out of place opener for both of them. I figured they'd be headlining the pop punk bro tour of the summer to promo a new record.

Also I've never seen Coheed and don't listen to much by them past the Good Apollo records so not tons of appeal for me here other than the fact I haven't seen TBS since the Tidal Wave album tour

JediMasterKevo182 likes this.
  6. schackbr

Regular

also, not trying to sound rude but i went to PNC for Dashboard, TBS, Saosin, STD, and TEN and it didn't sell out.

why would they play large venues like this with just the 3 of them?

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

PNC is a hell of a stretch for this, but the Brooklyn show is the perfect size - 6k.

JediMasterKevo182 likes this.
  8. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I was there for that too, and even then, it was fairly empty until Dashboard played right? I was on the pavement for TBS and remember looking around and it wasn't full.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

TBS headlined Nautica in their heyday in 2006 and it sold out...they headlined it again in 2014 and it was literally 85% empty. To be fair, it was part of a Rib Cook-Off show, where they typically have has beens perform, but even those were VERY well attended (for instance Brett Michaels performed and it was filled to the brim).

I know TBS and Dashboard played Nautica a few summers ago and it was probably better attended, but Dashboard is a much more mainstream act than Coheed. I can't imagine this doing well at all in Cleveland.

10. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

The biggest I've seen TBS sell out is HOB Boston which is 2.5k cap so doubling that at the Blue Hill Pavilion seems wild to me but I guess Coheed must have a decent draw?

11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Do not under estimate Coheed's draw. I've seen them 4 times in Chicago (yeah, I know big city) but their shows either sell out or are about 90% cap. TBS definitely sweetens the deal to close the gap.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah my guess is it will be about half full, but this pit might sell out

13. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I'm hoping to go to Philly. Shouldn't sell out, right?

js977 likes this.
  14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Eddie confirmed he will be playing this tour on Instagram.

15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this is gonna be fun

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Hi Jake! I didn't know you liked TBS.

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

theyre my girlfriends favorite band. i like where you want to be

David87 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  18. Kingjohn_654

Have you heard their more recent stuff?

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

20. Kingjohn_654

They've been trying a lot of new things, which is cool, sometimes it's great and sometimes not. I like about 75% of each album after WYWTB.

I'm most excited about John's solo stuff. Tbs provides a means to keep that going.

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

im seeing john solo on my girlfriends birthday in a couple weeks

Kingjohn_654 and David87 like this.
  22. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Gonna have to Sophie’s Choice the Coheed/TBS tour and Radiohead. Heavy push with Radiohead because I’ve never seen them and an arena show would just be unreal. Also greater chance of selling out before Coheed.

23. nickdr921

Regular

Love coheed and tbs, honestly kinda surprised it took this long for them to do a proper tour together being that they came up together. They obviously went in different directions, but still. pretty excited about this!

24. Disappointed that TBS would bring The Story So Far out on tour with them. Hopefully that shitbag Parker Cannon doesn't assault any fans this time!!!!

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've never even heard of TSSF...what's the story/background on the assault?