Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

10 years ago today, they released their best album, Louder Now. This would be their first on their new label at the time, Warner Bros Records. I first heard of the band when "What's It Feel Like to Be a Ghost?" was used on the Transformers soundtrack in 2007. Fans of the band will also remember them making a guest appearance on Degrassi on a two part episode that shares the same name as the lead track.

2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I came in during New Again. I don't know if because it was my first album from them or just because I genuinely like it but I never got the hate.

Looking forward to a new album. I have a feeling they'll only get better from the already great last album.

3. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I agree that Louder Now is their best album. Those first 3 songs make for one of my favourite openings to an album ever.

dangerstepp likes this.
  4. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I think Louder Now has some of their best songs, but I skip about half of the tracks on it.

5. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Louder Now came out about a month before I graduated High School, and it was possibly my most anticipated album of all time. I remember coming home from school the majority of senior year, and checking their website in hopes of ANY new info. This was before social media really blew up (w/ the exception of myspace), and this was the only way I knew how to stay up to date with my favorite bands. Its crazy how much news and marketing has changed in the last 10 years.

dangerstepp likes this.
  6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

As expected...

1. Where You Want to Be
    2. New Again
    3. Tell All Your Friends
    4. Louder Now
    5. Taking Back Sunday
    6. Happiness Is

fredwordsmith likes this.
  7. dead_fm

Regular

Lookin like there might be a repress.........maybe a 10 year anniversary treatment one?

8. dangerstepp

I came in during the Louder Now era, too. It's easily my favorite album of theirs and I never got why its given the redheaded stepchild treatment.

The album is a master-craft in songwriting and production; it's a shame they weren't given more credit for the growing they did.

Also, I think 'Divine Intervention' is beautiful and haunting--come at me!!

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Yeah, I think I skip most of Louder Now. Great first half, forgettable last half.

For me:

1. Where You Want To Be
    2. Tell All Your Friends
    3. Happiness Is...
    4. New Again
    5. Louder Now
    6. Taking Back Sunday

10. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

It bums me out I haven't liked much since John and Shaun came back because I love John and Shaun.

JamesMichael and Michael Schmidt like this.
  11. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i was just about to make this thread!
    2006 was a good year for my intro to music, this was one of those records that changed me. i wanted to be Adam Lazzara, i loved this band so much, haha

12. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Great band, good album

13. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

in high school, around sophomore year i think, i had a TBS beanie/hat that i literally wore every day (except mondays when i had JROTC) over the course of abt 2 years that thing went from black to straight up brown from the sun.
    good times.

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Good band. Last album was solid.

Tell all your friends and where you want to be are genre defying albums imo

straylightrunner likes this.
  15. Collins

Trusted

I used to wear my black hoodie that I got on their TAYF 10 Year tour all the time. I still wear it now but it's pretty worn down.

My rankings:

1. Tell All Your Friends/Where You Want To Be (tie)
    3. Louder Now
    4. Self Titled
    5. New Again
    6. Happiness Is

TAYF and WYYWTB are scene classics easily. Happiness Is has some good tracks but I didn't give it many listens. I still have faith this lineup can produce something better than Louder Now.

16. CoffeeEyes17

WYWTB
    TAYF
    HI
    LN
    NA
    TBS

17. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Louder Now is what clicked for me and was my entry point into the band. Other than that never gave them a chance but I remember rocking You're So Last Summer from Atticus II comp.

After that I got into the first two albums.

TAYF
    WYWTB
    LN
    BArely listen to any of the rest.

18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I honestly like all their albums, except HI. Even that one has a couple good tracks, it's just not as strong overall. I used to hate TAYF, but it's my pretty clear favorite now

19. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Flip TAYF and WYWTB, and that's my order also.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  20. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I think they all have songs I like (I don't have the album before the original line up reformed so I can't say anything off that).

21. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

Self titled was easily their worst album

22. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

WYWTB
    LN
    TAYF
    NA
    HI
    S/T

Duality of Fred and Adam was always a huge selling point of the band to me

23. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I think that's when the band was at its peak.

24. CoffeeEyes17

Yeah Fred was a good fit. Their dueling vocals and songwriting style of slamming two songs together to make a unique song was really appealing.

25. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

WYWTB
    TAYF
    NA
    HI
    LN
    TBS

teebs41 likes this.