Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - Twenty Tour Tour • Page 9

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by heymattrick, Oct 9, 2018.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Wow thats wild

2. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Holy shit, all in one night? Adam’s gonna fry his voice before the full tour even starts Hahahaha. Seriously though, I just looked at flights to NY on Monday to see if I could pull this off. I’m just gonna wait until the Denver shows next year

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I've sworn off weeknight shows in NYC because I don't get back home in eastern Long Island until 1-2am and work the next day suxxx, but this I would do. absolutely.

Drewski likes this.
  4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Always was my problem too. Getting back to Long Beach so late really just blows your entire week up haha.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I'm out in Patchogue haha

6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Damn, that on sale was a bloodbath.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

got two tickets WOOOOOO

8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Lucky man. Zilch over here.

9. a lack of color

Regular

Got my tickets! Can’t wait.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i’ve only ever been a casual TBS fan but i’ve seen them a bunch and the first thing i thought of when i saw that show announcement is that Adam’s voice is going to be a horror movie by the end lol

Joe4th likes this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

if it's 2 albums + hits/favorites every night, yeah, 25-30 songs a night is gonna require some honey lemon tea and probably wayy less cigarettes.

theasteriskera likes this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i'm not expecting much, but i would love to hear some new/different renditions of some songs on WYWTB or Louder Now. Adam has often said there are a lot of songs on WYWTB that he wished had been recorded or done differently (Fred Astaire being the example he gave), would be cool to hear some different takes, but like i said, I am not counting on it, since rehearsing these songs and john/shaun having to LEARN most of them is probably challenging enough.

13. Justinsound

Any tix for starland tonight out there?

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

This random last minute Irving Plaza show smells like they just wanted to test what the demand would be like before booking a big venue for the tour next year. Especially since they're doing all 3 albums in one night, I get the feeling for the proper tour they're just gonna do one night at like Forest Hills Stadium or Jones Beach and do all three albums.
    The Irving show sold out in 5 seconds, and is reselling on secondary markets for like $200 a ticket. I think they can definitely do an ampitheater like those in their hometown.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I don't think they need to test demand for a hometown show. Whether they do 1, 2, 3 or 4 nights in NYC/Long Island, they'll all sell out. They will be smart about where they do the shows to make sure they sell out as well. Irving has a way more intimate vibe than most of the other places they would play in NYC. 2 nights at Best Buy Theater or Terminal 5 would make sense, or one night in NYC and one night in Long Island, like they did in 2012 for the TAYF tour. I saw them on a Wednesday in Long Island and Friday in Manhattan.

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

whether or not the "we just wanted to help Irving Plaza get to 100 sold out shows for the year" is the sole reason for tonight's show I guess we won't ever find out, but it does make sense because the guy who runs Irving Plaza's talent purchasing is an OG long island music scene guy who came up with them, so it does make sense that they'd help a brotha out.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Forest Hills Stadium is 14,000 capacity, while Jones Beach is 15,000. I don't think that's realistic at all for them and I'd assume they know that. The Paramount capacity is way smaller than I thought it was. it's just under 1,600 cap and irving Plaza is actually larger than I assumed at 1,200.

The 1,200-1,700 cap room makes the most sense for them to stay within to make sure the shows sell out, giving the ability to add multiple nights. I think they know where they will and won't draw large, which is why there are some cities getting one night only. Either they know in the past they don't draw big there or there isn't a venue small enough that they can sell out 2 nights in a row.

18. heaththehorizon

Regular

I’ll be at the show in NYC tonight, am very stoked

manoverboard365 and Sean Murphy like this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah but this tour is being promoted as playing the first 3 albums in full. That makes a BIG difference in draw. The Tell All Your Friends tour had them selling out 3 nights at Terminal 5 and 1 night at the Playstation Theater...that's 11,500 tickets! And that's not even including the Paramount dates.

I definitely think if they don't aim for something like Forest Hills, they'll do a couple nights at the new Central Park Summerstage (I think the capacity there is 5,500). To put in perspective, this Twenty tour is doing 2 nights in LA at a venue that holds over 5,000. If they can pull that in LA, they'll be able to do even more in NYC.

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ah you beat me to it! I thought it was 3 nights at T5 but you're probably right. Either way it's impressive!

21. a lack of color

Regular

Can't stop thinking about how tired I'm going to be at work tomorrow...but it will be so worth it!

Radio City? Not sure they would play somewhere without removable seats though.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I saw Gaslight at Radio City in 2010 and it was so weird. I cannot imagine seeing TBS there hah

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

that's true, this isn't your average tour.

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Major props to TBS for actually playing an additional seven songs after the full two albums. I figured they'd do 2 maybe three songs after the full two albums, but seven is a lot.

Also, R.I.P Adam's voice.

theasteriskera likes this.
  25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Impressive and I get why they have to play the hits off both respected albums since a lot of people might do only 1 night but kinda lame

Theemoflamingo likes this.