Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - Twenty Tour Tour • Page 8

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by heymattrick, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

expecting a spring announcement for leg 2 to be summer/fall 2019

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

I have a feeling they're pushing the east coast dates to the summer cuz they're gonna attempt amphitheaters.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this was my thought as well

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

No way can they fill up amphitheaters by themselves anymore. They'd have to bring along a fairly significant opener, in my opinion.

stars143 likes this.
  5. Eclipse

Regular

Especially doing two nights, it feels unrealistic. I think it’s just a wait because it’s a huge tour in terms of area to cover

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Could they ever fill up amphitheater’s? I don’t think so.

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

I guess my market is different (new york city). During the Louder Now tour they sold out Nassau Coliseum (15,000 seats). A few years later during the New Again cycle I watched them co headline Mohegan Sun Arena with All American Rejects (10,000 seats). Then on the Tell All Your Friends anniversary tour they sold out 3 nights at Terminal 5 (9,000 total) and then another night at Playstation theater (2,500). And then for the Coheed co-headliner they sold out Coney Island Amphitheater (6,500 seats).

I just have a feeling for this 20th anniversary tour they're gonna try and just do one night here at a really big venue and try and get 3 solid support acts. If they market it right and make it clear they're playing only the first 3 albums I feel like they could get a big draw here.

8. heymattrick

Sending my love

The venue in Denver is small. They're playing the "Moon Room" at Summit Music Hall, when they've played the full Summit Music Hall on the past couple tours. The "Moon Room" is a smaller stage where they have most of the room closed off. I have a feeling they did that so they could move it to the big room if necessary.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Louder Now era they were playing in 5k+ cap venues and selling them out. I know they sold out Nautica in Cleveland in 06. They also had Angels and Airwaves opening, which I believe was their first time touring so there was a ton of excitement surrounding them around that time.

bachna84 likes this.
  10. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

And Head Automatica!!!

stars143 and ncarrab like this.
  11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Louder Now was their commercial peak. They'd need to do a co-headliner, like last summer, to do small sheds again in most markets.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  12. zachmacD

Trusted

Like others have mentioned, they headlined amphitheaters in ‘06. I was at that tour in Camden and from what I remember it was pretty full. Not sure if it sold out though

13. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Angels & Airwaves was a pretty big draw on that tour, too, given it was Tom's re-introduction.

ncarrab likes this.
  14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

What are the odds that they finally play “follow the format” live? I would fucking die.

15. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Probably a 0% chance

ncarrab likes this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, it was the perfect storm for TBS. At the height of their popularity AND Tom Delonge's new band touring with them. I remember at the time, I asked my sister to go to the show and I didn't even plug it as a TBS show, I told her it was a chance to see Tom's new band (She declined). I went though but AVA was a huge draw for that show (I was really into The Subways at the time too and as @bachna84 mentioned Head Automatic was a draw too).

bachna84 likes this.
  17. Dog Fish

Mutt

how high quality a version do you have of that? Last month, someone mentioned that song and I thought to myself "wait - I know that song. How do I know that song?" Youtubed it real quick and said "oooohh shiiittt!" Still knew most of the words. Could you share it? Otherwise, I'll settle for a youtube rip

18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I'm pretty sure the version on YouTube is the best version of it. It was only a demo. And I know they'll probably never play it but a man can dream. For my money it's maybe the catchiest song they ever wrote.

19. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Small sheds and a co-headliner is exactly what I would say. On typical tours they tend to play ~1-2k capacity venues with strong support acts.

And I think they've pretty much tapped out all of the co-headliners they could be paired with over the last few years. (Thinking on bands they "came up with," anyway.)

20. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Don't forget about The Subways.

bachna84 likes this.
  21. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Feel like they'll do Forest Hills or the Coney Island amphitheater and also play the Great South Bay Festival or whatever it's called.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

developing story

23. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

They played the arena here in Wilkes Barre in 2007 with Underoath and Armor For Sleep. I think it's 8,000 or 9,000 cap. Pretty crazy to think about that now.

disambigujason likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i went to the Atlantic City show of that tour, one of the craziest crowds i've ever been in hah

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Irving Plaza NYC, Monday 12/17 - TAYF, WYWTB, LN all in full in one show. Tickets onsale 1pm today.

God speed.

Davjs likes this.