Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - Twenty Tour Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by heymattrick, Oct 9, 2018.

1. bkaeser93

Trusted

Really hoping the second leg hits Florida with The Maine

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Virtually every band counts the time before their first major release as their band. Those years are important to the formation of a band. Most bands don't find instant success overnight and to not count the years spent grinding it out playing tiny shows in bars across your home state would just be dumb. It's still a part of the history of the band and those people (or some variation of those people) playing music together. You're simply wrong about this.

3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Also worth noting that I don’t think any of us are denying this is a cash grab. We just agree that 1999-2019 is 20 years.

4. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

The Used formed in 2001, their 15th anniversary tour was in 2016. Why this is even being discussed in a TBS forum is beyond me but I figured I’d chime in to clarify.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

But also I think the idea of a tour being a cash grab is kind of dumb because really that just means it’s giving the fans what they want. Of course a band is going to try to do what’s going to get the most people to come out and see them.

Although the coin flipping thing is a little cash grabby in a different way, but that has virtually nothing to do with them touring for their 20th anniversary.

disambigujason and Larry David like this.
  6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I agree with this, especially on the coin flip.

Larry David and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Apparently virtually is my word of the day lol

chewbacca110 and Larry David like this.
  8. babydanger

Regular

The coin flipping thing is stupid to me. I could understand if one night they were going to play an album that was not as popular, but I think there’s probably a pretty even split of people who want WYWTB vs people who want LN, and there are people who would buy for both nights regardless.

Unrelated to the coin, but does anybody else see 29 in the logo with how the panther cuts the 0 or is that just me?

9. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Tickets are 45 with fees. Yikes. Will probably wait a little while to buy tickets.

10. mynamesgeneric

Regular

What's the presale code?

11. Xpertguy5

Trusted

12. Cammiecoke

So just for clarification.

Tell All Your Friends both nights
    WYWTB and LN decided by coin flip to be split over 2 nights. Are all albums going to be played front to back?

Both nights will have favorites sprinkled in across all records spanning their career.

Hope their VIP is better than the last one of coheeds tour. That was the worst one of theirs ive been apart of.

If anyone can make it more clear for me it would be great. Need to be able to explain it to my non die hard tbs crew. I already got tickets for both nights VIP.

13. Scott Siegel

I don't get how difficult it is to understand the setlist layout of the shows.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

They will play Tell All Your Friends in full both nights. The first night, they will flip a coin to decide between WYWTB and LN. Whichever one they don't play that night, they will play the second night.

As for whether the albums will be played front to back - They will be playing the entire albums. I don't think we can say 100% for sure they will be played in the exact order the songs are in on the albums, but I'd say they probably will.

Somewhere in there, they are also going to play some other songs they've released, probably with an emphasis on the last two albums. I'm not sure if they will be sprinkled in throughout the night, serve as an intermission between the two albums, or saved for an encore at the end.

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Considering they'll be playing at minimum 21 songs from the full albums, I can't imagine they'll play more than 1 or two 'other' songs from the last four albums. And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they close with MakeDamnSure on the nights they play TAYF and WYWTB in full or close with A Decade under the Influence on the nights they play TAYF and Louder Now in full.

Otherwise, what 'hits' are they going to play post Louder Now to close or sprinkle in that the majority of fans need to hear. Everything Must Go? Better Homes and Gardens?

I say majority of fans, because personally, I'd love to see more sprinkled in from the last four albums. I wouldn't even care to see TAYF in full personally again, as they've done it plenty of times already.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Also, now that I'm thinking of it, why didn't they just market it as:

Night 1: Tell All Your Friends and Hits/Others
    Night 2: Where You Want to Be and Louder Now

That'd be way more respectable and not making people pay double to see half of the same show twice in two nights.

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I really don't get why they didn't do this because TAYF will pull people night one, and the other two together should be enough to pull people night 2.

They're acting like no one cares about WYWTB or LN, which just doesn't seem true to me.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  18. heymattrick

Sending my love

I could really do without TAYF in full again, but whatever. Went for VIP on night 1 for Denver and regular GA for night 2. Hoping it'll be WYWTB on Night 1.

19. Cammiecoke

So do you know how the set list will fall? Are the albums going to be played front to back? Are they going to repeat hit songs both nights? Lots of questions to be answered.

20. babydanger

Regular

I don’t know if this was posted or if it’ll clarify anything else for you.

21. Cammiecoke

Thanks that video helps a lot. I may go to multiple shows. During this run. For sure the AZ dates.

Also how many songs can they cram in each night besides the albums? They did say all albums will have representation. I’m guessing they will want to play at least 1 of the 2 new songs that will be on the twenty album. Usually there setlists stay pretty consistent during a tour with little deviation.

This isn’t even taking into account songs like your own disaster, the ballad of sal, Brooklyn, and sleep.

I am so pumped for this!

22. babydanger

Regular

For the Arizona date, it’s going to be frank iero. The first half of this leg (from Texas to San Francisco) it’s frank. The second half (Sacremento to Las Vegas), it’s the Maine.
    They did your own disaster and the ballad of Sal on tayf10 so fingers crossed they pull them out again!

Their average set is about 23 songs and this will be about 21 (not including b sides) + others (they say). They’ve said they will be playing longer sets.

23. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I'd almost guarantee that the albums are played out of order because I can't see "Head Club", "Slowdance On The Inside", or "I'll Let You Live" closing shows.

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

or the "favorites" sets are what they close out/encore with, aka MakeDamnSure or something like Decade closing the shows.

25. babydanger

Regular

Didn’t they close TAYF10 with Ballad of Sal every night? They played the set full of other songs, then did TAYF and closed with Ballad of Sal or Your Own Disaster (I can’t remember it was a while ago and I’m old).
    I think with the album plays though, it might be different because you’re not withholding your biggest or more popular song until the end.

bachna84 likes this.