Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - Twenty Tour Tour • Page 22

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by heymattrick, Oct 9, 2018.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Got my show on Saturday, so damn pumped!
    This is a NYC show so I'm sure it'll be a wild one, but I was disappointed to see my buddy's IG stories from last night show in Baltimore and seeing the crowd still as mannequins the entire time.

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I was really excited to move around and have some fun in Cleveland but yeah no one really was moving

3. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

In Cleveland I showed up both nights right as TBS was about to go on. The first night the crowd was suuuper awful about letting me push up towards the front and I ended up with a drink thrown in my face as well as some elbow jabs. The entire night any movement in the crowd resulted in people giving rude looks, elbows, even hair pulling. The second night it was so much easier to move up and the crowd was moving so much more.... it was so much more fun for me. TBS crowds are so weird. One comment I got from someone was that “everyone is 30 what do you expect” and that just bummed me out. When I’m 30 and seeing my favorite band play music, I will still want to jump and have a good time.

BelieF, Jdaniels and JaytotheGee like this.
  4. manoverboard365

Trusted

Well to be fair, there's nothing I hate more than someone trying to push towards the front of the crowd. Those people got there early for a good spot, don't show up late and try to steal it from them!

Jdaniels, ItsAndrew, j0hnnyrt and 8 others like this.
  5. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Literally no sympathy for people like that. Noticed that a lot of people really don't let people forward with the older bands (and crowds that come with it) these days.

6. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Is there an opener for this tour? Can't find anything about one.. trying to figure out what time to get to the venue Saturday.

MRose24 likes this.
  7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Red City Radio

They’re great

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The half step to whole step down (I couldn’t tell which one but some of the TAYF felt real low
    To me) really does help Adam a lot on this tour.

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i think most of their stuff including and post-louder now is at least recorded in Eb (i could be wrong) but i do think they play most stuff a full step lower for that precise reason

Jdaniels and teebs41 like this.
  10. dubey

Regular

lol

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

All I know is those opening chords to cute without the e felt really low haha

Sean Murphy likes this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

to be fair a LOT of bands do this though, probably for similar reasons

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah thats always the most glaring example haha, that and maybe the opening notes to Ghost

teebs41 likes this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m all for it if it makes the show better, although at times it does feel like maybe it’s missing something.

15. MRose24

Regular

Anyone know when TBS usually goes on? I assume around 9 or 9:30?

16. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

They typically post set times in their Instagram story. 9:10 or 9:15 seems to be what I most often see.

MRose24 likes this.
  17. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Not going tonight in the city since I saw the Irving Plaza show last year but I remember the crowd being somewhat energized at that. TBS is basically a heritage act now so a lot of people there are parents out for date night.

Jdaniels likes this.
  18. Jdaniels

Regular

Yeah but they tested the I'll catch a ride intro riff the show I saw and didnt play it.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  19. mynamesgeneric

Regular

I flew back home for this show, got drunk with my high school friends and yelled OPEN UP THAT FUCKING PIIIIIIT surrounded by mid-30s couples wanting absolutely no part of it.

dubey and zachmacD like this.
  20. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Did they go for it?