Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - Twenty Tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by heymattrick, Oct 9, 2018.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

...yeah that was their point.

2. aniafc

Trusted

Exactly, that was kinda my poorly explained point haha.

I meant like, they have to pick one album to play both nights because New Again wasn't well-received enough to be added on as a fourth album.

3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Ah my bad. I thought you meant if they stated in advance which night New Again was being played, attendance would be lower for that night.

aniafc likes this.
  4. bkaeser93

Trusted

Even though they are newer albums it will be cool to have them play their Self Titeled or Happiness Is.. in full instead of Tell All Your Friends twice

disambigujason and Daniel182 like this.
  5. aniafc

Trusted

no worries! attendance would be lower that night i’d think.

however, with these three albums idk if attendance would be lower for one night versus the other? i thought those 3 albums were universally loved by fans, especially now with hindsight. could be wrong though

theasteriskera and Daniel182 like this.
  6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

If there's a set of Boston dates for this thing, I'll be incredibly stoked... I'm sure there will be. And I'll go, no questions asked.

But. I'll still be wishing they were doing Happines Is... in place of TAYF the second night.

ncarrab likes this.
  7. Cmoney86

Trusted

so pissed Chicago or no where close is on leg one and i do not want to see them on riot fest cuz i want chicago to get actual dates and get a proper show

8. Collins

Trusted

Planning on being at both Austin dates. So excited for this. TAYF10 is still one of my favorite show memories

9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

The only song on TAYF I really wanna see is Ghost Man but I would definitely do the double header if I could.

10. michael_gatto

Trusted

Would kill to see Louder Now in full. Hope Austin gets that.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  11. wegottaknow

Try to stay afloat in shallow water

Looks like a lot of us will be at the Austin gigs. Can't wait. Gonna feel like 2012 all over again at the TAYF 10 year anniversary show.

falafelmywaffle and Collins like this.
  12. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Austin will get both, we just don’t know which one will be played each night

13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Same, I’ll probably get Saturday tickets and then go Sunday depending on which album they play.

Theemoflamingo likes this.
  14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Spoiler: John will sing it.

15. Eclipse

Regular

Hoping to do a handful of the Texas dates for this leg so I can be touristy in the day and get decapitated by crowdsurfers to TAYF songs at night

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  16. Collins

Trusted

The crowd for that was insane. One of the loudest shows I’ve been to for sure. Felt like everyone was singing along.

17. crash53456

Regular

I really hope that a second leg has Orlando and it’s 2 nights. I’d love to hear Where You Want to Be in full. Louder Now would be cool too, but I’m more into the other album.

bkaeser93 and theasteriskera like this.
  18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

So if they are playing two cities they are definitely playing through all three of the first 3 albums?

That's really cool, but I do feel like they could've done TAYF/New Again (pair the favorite with the least favorite) and then Where You Want To Be/Louder Now the other night (two pretty well received albums) and it would've worked out.

Mostly, I would just love to see New Again since it's actually probably my favorite TBS album lol

Anyway, none of this matters for me right now because they're not even coming around me, so here's hoping for Leg Two!

Daniel182 likes this.
  19. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Yes

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  20. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Chiming in to also say that New Again is their best record

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

getting out of here before the rankings start

22. zachmacD

Trusted

Not to be a buzzkill but I hate this lol. As someone who doesn't really go back and listen to bands from highschool or go to shows as much anymore, I do not want to drive into the city twice to see these guys. This is a total cash grab. I feel like all 3 of those albums are held in high regard by their fans. Just let us see the albums we want and let that be the end of it.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  23. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

On dates where they play 2 sets, it would be a prime opportunity for the TAYF night to not play anything off of WYWTB/LN and instead play a secondary set of choice cuts from the 4 more recent albums... gives people more reason to attend the WYWTB/LN shows, and gives the fans the opportunity to see a legitimate "career" span of music.

theasteriskera and zachmacD like this.
  24. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I heard a rumor that for the Long Island dates of the 2nd leg that they'll be a festival, and I'm in full agreement with you on wanting a proper show vs a festival date.

This literally makes perfect sense.

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

As a long islander i am interested where this rumor came from, will it be TBS’ own festival or will they play a festival? Theyve done great south bay music festival twice but i feel like that would be a bad choice for this.

I assume there will be two nights at the Paramount and 2 nights in NYC, or an nyc night and a long island night.