Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - Twenty Tour Tour • Page 19

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by heymattrick, Oct 9, 2018.

1. deadwrong

Regular

in atlanta they went on around 9:15

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm going to be cutting it dangerously close for the 2nd night of the Cleveland show. Honestly wouldn't even be bummed if I missed TAYF - I really have no desire to see that two nights in a row but if I can make it on time, I will.

3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

4. Greg

Last night it seemed equal (based on cheers before the flip) about what album people wanted.

Louder Now was going good until Divine Intervention. That 10 minutes or so of Adam talking and stretching the song out really killed the vibe of last night.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it is a bummer because, with Ghost, Liar, MDS, Blue Heaven, Error Operator, and more recently, Spin, you're hearing half of a Louder Now setlist at most live shows nowadays anyway. Phasers and Decade are literally the only songs that get constant love off WYWTB.

still think they did this tour the complete wrong way.

Jdaniels likes this.
  6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

If I got Louder Now at my show, I'd probably leave after MakeDamn Sure if we're being honest.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  7. Greg

Yea... I wish we were getting one of the newer albums tonight instead of TAYF again.

8. bkaeser93

Trusted

I feel like they have played Tell All Your Friends in full enough. They should of done WYWTB and Self Titled night and night two Louder Now and Happiness Is.

Jdaniels likes this.
  9. zachmacD Oct 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 9, 2019)
    zachmacD

Trusted

They've defintiely done TAYF to death but I'd like to hear New Again over the Self-Titled

10. Greg

If New Again was played, I wouldn’t go.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  11. zachmacD

Trusted

Well just forget the whole thing then

12. Greg

Luckily, the band is wise enough to not do that.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I fully expected Cleveland to be a sell out (easily) but HOB Cleveland is doing ticket giveaways like every other day. Aside from the giveaways, they slashed prices for like a 2-week period.

Pretty surprising.

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Probably because we went up 2 months after the rest of the dates because of that dumb festival and a lot of people made travel plans

TMS2787 likes this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

do we know if their NJ holiday shows are going to be a continuation of this coin flip nonsense? I'd like to maybe go to one of them, but I'm just so exhausted at the thought of hearing TAYF to the point that i won't go if it is lol

16. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Probably not. They did these full albums at the 2018 holiday shows already.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  17. Greg

The drunk bro’s in front of me had no idea this was an album show.

JaytotheGee and Sean Murphy like this.
  18. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I preferred last night's crowd, it was a bit rowdier

19. Greg

Extra song
    -Tidal Wave
    -What’s It Feel Like To Be A Ghost?
    -MakeDamnSure

20. Greg

I enjoyed tonight more. Can’t say exactly why. I chilled in the back tonight.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've said this from the start, but it's shameful that their 'encore' is just songs from the other album that they're not playing that night. Like, splash in some shit from other albums.

If I don't see You Can't Look Back, I'll riot.

Jdaniels and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Also, first leg of the tour was getting a 4-song encore...looks like all shows for this leg have only been 3.

23. Greg

Yea, I noticed that, too.

It’s also weird that they finally released a music video for All Ready To Go right before this leg of the tour and aren’t playing it.

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Are you talking about the animated video? That was actually released last December. But still, surprised they aren't playing that considering it's the song they were promoting for the TWENTY album.

I'd love to see it live, as well as...any song from Tidal Wave not named Tidal Wave. Or anything post Louder Now.

Jdaniels likes this.
  25. Greg

Oh, well, oops.

and yea, and why play Tidal Wave twice? Play Death Wolf or something the other night.

Jdaniels likes this.