Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - Twenty Tour Tour • Page 18

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by heymattrick, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i also think i'm completely jaded to shows not selling well, being a long islander every show i go to on the island or in NYC is sold out but that's because they're hometown shows.

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

part of me also wonders if, due to the departure of eddie, that there are legal matters that need to be tied up before they can record again or put out new music? it seems like a stretch thought, mostly because i have no idea how any of that works, but it's definitely a thought i've had.

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've thought the same thing - and have mentioned it in the band thread in the music forum before. It sounded as though they were writing/recording before Eddie left and now it's been complete radio silence on that front since his departure. Eddie was/is the founder of the band, so there had to have been some legal aspects to how everyone could move forward.

4. zachmacD

Trusted

I don't get why they are even including TAYF. Like yeah, it's the 20th anniversary but they toured that album to death. Despite all of the flack that The Used got when they did their anniversary tour, that would've been much better. Play 1 album a night but throw in a song from each of the other albums as an encore. They made this way more complicated than it had to be with the "flip a coin" idea

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The coin flip is so gimmicky that it's downright ridiculous. The only reason they do it is to try and ensure that cities with 2 shows sell out or draw large crowds. So many bands do full album/multi album tours like this and actively promote what nights theyre gonna do each album. It was a really poor decision, which I think ultimately backfired on them.

zachmacD and bachna84 like this.
  6. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

yeah, the coin flip is a terrible idea.

i'd really like to see wywtb, but obviously the only way to guarantee that is by buying tickets to both nights.

going back-to-back nights is bit tough logistically, especially with kids at home. the only way i'll consider going is if they don't play wywtb night one and i'm guaranteed to see it night two.

disambigujason likes this.
  7. zachmacD

Trusted

I wonder if it's too late for them to just announce them now? I feel like they'd get a lot more people coming out to the shows. Yeah, it would be embarrassing to back pedal now but the fans would come.

Jdaniels likes this.
  8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I'd be super annoyed if I spent $100+ for both shows to guarantee I see one album just to have them come out and say what nights they're doing what. Sure you could sell the other night but that puts the burden of likely taking a loss on a ticket squarely on you.

It's just crazy how poorly orchestrated this was from the start, compounded with all the sarcastic and snarky comments/videos they left people who were genuinely trying to figure out just what the heck the deal was.

9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

^^ Yep. I legitimately am not going to either night because I can't guarantee whether I'll get to see WYWTB.

10. TMS2787 Sep 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 16, 2019)
    TMS2787

Trusted

I am going to go to both shows, no matter what and I am looking forward to them but I’ve thought the coin flip thing was pretty dumb. I felt they should’ve just said what album will be each night but what do I know? Since I’m committed for both it doesn’t matter which album is played which night but the thing that I’m not overly excited on is seeing TAYF both nights.

Jdaniels and Sean Murphy like this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm legitimately thinking of showing up late for Night 2. I do have a work meeting that night (my boss already told me to skip it because I told him I had concert tickets) but I'm thinking of going to the meeting anyways and just timing it up so I get there after - or near the end of - TAYF

12. timcsheehan

Regular

Going to this tonight in ATL for my birthday. really hoping for where you want to be, but my wife prefers louder now. i told her to concede since its my birthday.

Brent and Daniel182 like this.
  13. zachmacD

Trusted

Has anyone been to these shows? If so, how are they?

14. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Today is the day! Super pumped there is only one opening band. Becoming an old man who just wants to see what I know and go home haha

I am hoping we get Louder Now tonight. Mostly because I’d rather night 2 close out with Make Damn Sure rather than A Decade Under. I like the song, but MDS would be more to close out the shows for me. But I’ll be happy with whatever.

Brent likes this.
  15. Greg

We got Louder Now tonight!

Adam is telling a very long story about Divine Intervention with lots of side stories and no one cares haha everyone is talking to each other and Adam continues on talking, not starting the song.

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Did he talk about the dog park

17. crash53456

Regular

Like right before you sent that lmao

Greg and Sean Murphy like this.
  18. Greg

Oh my god, he is continuing the story at the end of the song. It won’t end.
    This is one of my least favorite TBS songs in this era and they are making a whole damn meal of it.

19. Greg

Extra songs
    -Tidal Wave
    -This Photograph Is Proof
    -A Decade Under the Influence

20. timcsheehan

Regular

My night got Louder Now and you could feel the whole crowd shift into being bummed that it wasn't WYWTB immediately and that vibe continued throughout the rest of the night.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  21. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Louder Now really dragged for me when I saw it at Riot Fest. They butchered Miami, which was the song I was most excited to see live from the album.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Miami was stellar when I saw it live - that's a bummer.

Collins likes this.
  23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

No All Ready to Go?

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

What time have they been going on? I'm assuming 9? Or has it been later?

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

theyve been posting it on IG - think 9:10-9:15 most nights