Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - Twenty Tour Tour • Page 17

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by heymattrick, Oct 9, 2018.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah...what does that mean?

2. TMS2787

Trusted

Yeah… what?

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Just did some quick research but looks like Mark had a baby 4-5 days ago so Atom filled in while he was gone. I’d imagine Mark would be back any day now.

Ben Buchnat and MRose24 like this.
  4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That is so cool dammit

Would have loved to see that

5. MRose24

Regular

Have they announced openers for the fall tour run?

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Red City Radio

MRose24 likes this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

mark was back last night, and they absolutely killed it. got This Photograph is Proof in the encore and it was such a treat. it's almost like they have new life on this tour. I haven't seen them this consistently good in a while.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

What did they play second to last? Setlist.FM says 'unknown'

I'm guessing it was You Can't Look Back...or Tidal Wave.

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

weird....from what i remember i thought they went from Ready to Go into MDS, i dont recall something inbetween.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it was Decade Under the Influence, confirmed by setlistFM and some friends videos. god i was drunk. how did i forget decade???

11. Iain

Regular

Cheers for posting that - sorry i never cleared up in original post. Didn't actually know the reason to why he was filling in myself but just saw on Atoms instagram.

12. Richy

Does anyone know if the VIP upgrade includes some kind of soundcheck or acoustic performance?

13. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Anybody got the set from the Texas show or will be going to KC tonight? Pretty certain VA Beach will get the same set with it being an outside environment and would like to be prepared!

Ben Buchnat likes this.
  14. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Going to KC tonight.

Jonny Sniper likes this.
  15. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Awesome, hope to get the full set from ya.

16. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Set tonight was tayf

Liar
    Decade
    Tidal wave
    Error
    You cant look back
    Makedamnsure

It was v awesome but def a little shorter than expected

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Outdoor show maybe had a noise curfew?

Ben Buchnat likes this.
  18. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Thanks guys. Hopefully Set Phasers and All Ready To Go aren't cut for my show next week. Glad TAYF was for a sure happening too.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Are these shows not selling well? HOB Cle just promoted $25 tickets...that’s half of what I paid.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Doesnt look like it, sooooo few shows are actually sold out

Honestly not surprised, theyre reeeaaalllllyyy beating TAYF to death, its likely people at every show have already seen them play it in full at least once

zachmacD likes this.
  21. zachmacD

Trusted

Yeah I mean the whole 2 nights flip a coin thing is really stupid. Most of their fans are in their late twenties/early thirties who have other responsibilities besides heading into the city two nights in a row to see the same band. I also don’t feel like buying tickets to one of the nights and hoping I get the album I want to see.

I’d love to see WYWTB live but if I never see TBS again, I’m not going to lose sleep over it

Jdaniels and Brent like this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Just feel like aside from 1 or 2 tours supporting TW theyve been a gimmicky band for the last 6-7 years. They need to release a new album and get back on a fresh album cycle asap.

Brent likes this.
  23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Yea.... I just saw that for Orlando as well. Fuck me for buying early, I guess.

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I kind of feel like they may feel like they're stuck with how to do a tour/release new music. The Tidal Wave small club tour didn't do that well, if I recall. I mean, they probably had some sellouts, but they were playing really small venues. I know the CLE show didn't sell out until that night and it was the smallest venue they played here since like, 2002.

Unfortunately, outside of this site, the response to their new stuff is pretty much non-existent so for them to just do a normal new album/tour cycle is probably not ideal for them seeing as no one responds to the post 2006 stuff.

Then you have a lot of fans who are really sick of seeing TAYF for the billionth time. They tried to splash in WYWTB/LN, which is cool and I'm excited to see those (and bought tix for both nights) but it does come off as hokey. I'm not huge on album tours at all. I'd much rather go to a show and experience songs from all their albums.

I still think they should have just done Night 1...TAYF/WYWTB and night 2: Louder Now and deep cuts or something. Most people I know didn't want to spend $100 on back to back nights, drive downtown two nights in a row, pay for parking, etc to see TAYF two nights in a row (when we've had the chance dozens of times already).

I fear that they'll see the poor response to this tour and be like 'what the fuck do we do now' if they can't sell to their fanbase their most successful and popular albums and their newer stuff isn't resonating with most people (again, outside of this site).

zachmacD likes this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

if that's the case they've got nobody to blame but themselves for digging themselves this deep into the gimmicky/nostalgia-act that they've sort of become. i wonder if they're just out of new ideas. today marks 3 years since Tidal Wave, and they've shown NO signs of writing or recording even demos in their time off, and they're usually pretty active on the socials when they're in the studio whether it's to demo or record. i don't think this is it for them, but it honestly wouldn't shock me if it was.