Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - Twenty Tour Tour • Page 13

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by heymattrick, Oct 9, 2018.

1. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I feel that. I went to three dates on the TAYF tour and that was enough TAYF for me. I get that album means a lot to people, but they always play the big songs from it, and there are a few songs on it that just aren't that great to begin with. And for a band that really hates to be labeled a nostalgia act, they sure do like playing TAYF in full.

Would love to see more songs off New Again, Self-Titled, and Happiness Is. After this tour I'll have seen 4 of their albums played in full, but I feel like I've seen too few songs off those other three.

ncarrab likes this.
  2. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

i absolutely do love TAYF enough and am happy to go both nights!

Brent likes this.
  3. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

night 1 of Toronto secured, can't believe how fast tickets got snatched up

4. Morgan

Morgan

Got night one at Upstate Concert Hall.

5. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Secured my tix for night two in Boston. Fingers crossed I get WYWTB!

6. Localman

Regular

Got my tix for Baltimore. Less than $25 (including fees)!

7. m32137

Regular

I hate Live Nation. A pair of $35 tickets comes to over $100 with fees. I'll be down at House of Blues for State Champs in a couple weeks so hopefully I can save a little and buy these tickets at the box office then.

8. heymattrick

So would you prefer they just charged $50 each up front with the fees included?

9. mattfreaksmeout Feb 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 28, 2019)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'd prefer they didn't charge asinine fees to begin with. LiveNation/Ticketmaster is evil and it seriously concerns me how they are going to impact the music industry/shows going forward.

Edit: Although yes I absolutely wish they would at least include the fees up front instead of trying to hide it. In general, they do a terrible job of letting you know prices before tickets go on sale, and then once tickets do go on sale and you see a price, you have to play a game of "estimate the fees". When a show is announced, it should be easy to see how exactly how much it is going to cost me so I can make plans before they go on sale.

ItsAndrew, alkalinexandy and tyramail like this.
  10. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Is there a way to buy a 2 night package or do I have to buy each date separately?

alkalinexandy likes this.
  11. Cmoney86

Trusted

All tickets sites charge fees it’s how they make money.... the only way you don’t pay the fees is if you go to the venue itself but even then now a days I think they charge a small fee but I don’t think it’s as much as buying online

12. m32137

Regular

The venue/bands don't decide how much those "convenience fees" are. I'd be fine with an extra $5/ticket charge because the venue is 90 minutes away and I can't just go and buy a ticket at the box office whenever I want, but when it costs the amount of a third ticket just in fees, that's ridiculous.

13. heymattrick

I mean, I'm sure everybody would, but you and I both know that's not one of the options here. It's either $35 plus a whole bunch of fees, or $50 flat. It's not going to be just $35. To be honest, the Livenation/Ticketmaster Is Evil thing is played out. It's not really any different now than it was in 1999. The difference is now there's more transparency to what those fees are, and in most cases, the venue, the promoter, and the artist are just as much to blame as LN/TM for those fees.

Are you sure about that?

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yes, but LiveNation's are excessive and if it just ended at fees, then whatever, but they price gauge everywhere they can and keep finding new ways to do it. Charging $10 extra for the first FOUR seats from an aisle? That is just straight bull shit.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

idk about you guys but I love when a $40.00 ticket becomes $78.00 on the very next page

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

See my above post. Their premium ticket pricing, increasing price for aisle seats, along tickets to be resold on their own site before general on sales even start, allowing them to double dip in ticket profits? If it wasn't for all that I could get over the fees, but they are looking for any and every way to squeeze every last penny out of things. I mean supply and demand and all that yea yea I get it, but it sucks.

And yes at the very least, be up front about it and make it $50 flat.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  17. heymattrick

I go to 40-50 concerts per year and I've never experienced seats within an individual row (like seats closer to the aisle) having different prices. But once again, if you think that's solely Ticketmaster or LiveNation's doing, you're kidding yourself. There is responsibility on the venue, the promoter, and the artist for those things happening too. That's pretty well known now, and it's understood that TM/LN are perfectly fine with being the scapegoat and taking the brunt of the criticism.

I'm not excusing their business practices or trying to justify them. Platinum/Premium tickets are bullshit. I don't love the "flex pricing" either that's starting to be used for some of the major tours. "Verified Reselling" is ridiculous too, but the scumbag "fans" that buy tickets just to resell them are also to blame.

I guess the overall point I'm trying to make is boiling it down to a simple "Ticketmaster/Live Nation is evil and 100% at fault for these fees" is just not accurate.

18. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I just miss looking at my ticket stubs from the early 2000s and the fee was like $2.50.

Morgan likes this.
  19. heymattrick

I don't ever remember a time when fees maxed out at $2.50.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

Joe4th, ItsAndrew, tyramail and 2 others like this.
  21. a lack of color

Regular

Do people not automatically estimate fees in their heads when they see ticket prices? If I see the ticket price is $35 I know I'm paying ~$50. It sucks but it's been like this for over a decade...

Brent likes this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah i always assume this but it doesnt ever suck any less lol

tyramail and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't want to keep derailing the thread, but the aisle seat thing is something new (like within the last month), which is exactly the point: they keep finding new ways to raise prices more and more. That is live nation's doing because it is happening across the board at all their venues. If it was the artists/promoters/individual venues, it would only be happening at certain locations. And I won't pretend to understand how exactly it all works, but I acknowledge that their are other factors/parties at work here, but there is a common trend that high fees and all these other problems are, pretty much across the board are much worse when LN/TM gets involved. But at the end of the day I'm going to continue paying up so I can go to the shows so I can whine about it all i want on the interweb but nothing will change. Doesn't mean I'm not going to continue to do so though.

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I do recall that Live Nation/Ticketmaster would include ticket pricing under the 'more info' section before tickets went on sale, but it appears they stopped doing it. Fees are inevitable (and it's been like this for literally 30 years - Pearl Jam sued Ticketmaster back in the 90s because of ticket fees), but it'd be nice to at least know the face value ticket cost before going to officially purchase.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Anyway you’re all lucky to even be worrying about this today :(