Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday to Release ‘Tidal Wave’ • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I'd be more stoked for new solo stuff from John Nolan. His last album was some of his best stuff to date.

I'm still pretty excited though.

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

3. schackbr

Regular

looks like it!

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Would be WAY more amped for some Straylight Run. I personally feel like John's solo work sounds incredibly generic.

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Didn't like happiness is, but aside from that tbs is one of the most consistent bands I can think of. Still very excited for this

6. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Take out "They don't have any friends", "Beat Up Car", and "Nothing At All" and replace them with the b-sides and that record would have been perfect.

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Incoming TBS/Wiz Khalifa beef

8. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

TBS has always had the best b-sides.

Straylight Run would be great as well. I have a signed poster of theirs in my master bathroom, so I think about them every bowel movement.

Did you listen to Sad Strange Beautiful Dream though? Shaun Cooper played bass on it, so that's half of Straylight Run right there.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Whoa! Those three are all great songs, especially Nothing At All. But I do like the b-sides as well.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

To me, their self titled came off almost as a complication record of random songs they did and just threw together

11. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

12. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Who produced this? Mike Sapone?

13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Should be up in about an hour in the US

14. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I love Taking Back Sunday....they are horrible live though....that doesn't stop me from going to their shows though. Ha.

15. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I think they can be hit or miss. I've seen some pretty crappy shows (The Used co headliner tour) and some pretty great performances (TAYF10, Self-Titled summer tour)

16. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

and its officially live

Edit: I really like the direction they have taken with the vocals, better than trying to hide the shift in Adam's singing style and musically its solid. I can hear the influences but its still taking back Sunday for sure.

17. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I've seen TBS twice and they were great both times. Adam sounded good, the band was tight. I've heard all the stories about how bad they are, but I must have just gotten them on good nights.

18. MatthewDuke

Regular Supporter

Seen them live 3 times (Once with Spencer from Underoath on vocals because Adam had to leave the tour for the premature birth of his child), and all 3 times they sounded amazing.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  19. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I think they sounded good years ago...during the Louder Now era and prior...after that they went down hill....I still look forward to seeing them every time they come to town.

20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The self-titled has some of my all-time favorite TBS songs on it, though. I can't say that about Happiness Is... despite it having a couple decent tracks. The thing for me is that they did a lot of things they had never done before but I didn't much enjoy those things, unfortunately. A lot of it just felt boring and lifeless to me, none of the energy they had on any previous release.

I will say, though, that I generally agree about New Again being unjustly maligned in terms of their overall discography. That album is way better than its reputation.

21. Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  22. Anthony_ Jun 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 27, 2016)
    Anthony_

That cover art is pretty incredible. Love it.

23. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I agree that Self titled has a lot of strong tracks despite not being cohesive. El Paso, Best Places To Be A Mom, Call Me In The Morning, This Is All Now, and You Got Me are all really solid.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  24. Anthony_

"This Is All Now" is easily one of the best songs they've ever written. Such an awesome track.

hongfong00 likes this.
  25. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Really like the song. Nolan has that entire second verse huh?