Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - "Tidal Wave" Tour Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 20, 2016.

1. 180xSummer

lately it's been getting late, but i'm not tired

I'm hoping that article where Adam listed his Top 10 TBS songs is some kind of indicator of what they'll consider playing because man I'd love to see some stuff off New Again/some b-sides and rarities. I talked to John last summer after one of his solo shows and he thought the idea of a b-sides and rarities tour was neat so who knows

heymattrick likes this.
  2. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Where is that article you're referring to?

3. 180xSummer

4. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

That's so bizarre to me. If you love so many of these songs, why aren't you playing them? Mark is so opinionated on their discography, it's weird to me that he was fine being in a band that created music he wasn't interested in creating. I remember reading all about the band's history and how Mark was instrumental in bringing the OG lineup back together.... it's just weird that Eddie / Mark let the band go so far away from a route they liked during that Louder Now / New Again era.

I'd be so down to see Sleep / Brooklyn / Cut Me Up Jenny.

5. 180xSummer

So the way I see it is TBS have a lot of ground to cover at this point in their career. They have a lot of singles and they know New Again is generally peoples' least favorite album so I can see why they are reluctant to play stuff from that. I think Mark just kinda dealt with it until enough was enough; in the oral history he recalled saying basically "if John and Shaun don't come back I'm out" after New Again and he pretty openly disliked/s Fazzi. I don't think he was completely unhappy until New Again and I think they were all in a wicked bad spot and that's probably another huge reason they don't play anything from it. But yeah I'd also kill to see Brooklyn.

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I reviewed the new TBS record for Substream and gave it an 8/10. Honestly, I think it's one of their better records, and definitely the best since reuniting with the TAYF-era lineup.

jco3 and heymattrick like this.
  7. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Shoutout to Miami which is lowkey my fav TBS song

Daniel182 and alexmacwilliam like this.
  8. heymattrick

Sending my love

They just tweeted "The TIDAL WAVE tour keeps expanding...more announcements coming soon."

MegT585 likes this.
  9. goation

Regular

10. goation

Regular

I NEED a date near me

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Really? I guess I'll give it a shot. Hate both singles haha

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I'm really hoping they don't play Tidal Wave in full.

13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

The new songs are legitimately my favorite two Taking Back Sunday songs, barring a couple of tracks from Happiness Is, El Paso, and A Decade Under the Influence. I have never cared for this band much, and find Tell All Your Friends to be unlistenable, but this record may wind up one of my favorites of the entire year at this rate.

14. TMS2787

Trusted

I'm going to the Riot Fest After Show and to the Cleveland date. While, I don't nescarly mind if they play the new album in its entirety at the after show it will be a bit, I don't know how to say it, boring? Because chances of me hearing it before the show are slim because I'll be at Riot Fest all day and I know Friday morning I probably won't power through it while getting ready in the hotel. So, we'll see. But otherwise TBS, to me is always one of the funest shows around since it's such a sing-a-long and I have been seeing them steadily since 2007 (I think that's when they where on Projekt Revoultion) so I've seen the setlists change (and stay the same) over the course of nine years. Some "rarities" would be super dope though.

Also, hoping for a release show variant of the new record. Which I also don't think will happen.

15. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

thinking about going to this for nostalgia reasons

16. heymattrick

Sending my love

Might be the wrong tour for that as it sounds like they'll be playing tons of new material. The tour they just did was the nostalgia tour. >-p

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

FB_IMG_1473308670234.jpg

18. TMS2787

Trusted

I am really hoping for a pre-release stream of this new album so I can get a few listens in before next Friday.

heymattrick likes this.
  19. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Same here! I want to know the new songs ahead of time before the show.

20. TMS2787

Trusted

Especially if they are playing it in its entirety!

heymattrick and Daniel182 like this.
  21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Acoustic in store performance here as well! Excited.

22. himynameisdakota

Regular

You Blew It! will be playing some new songs on this tour. I heard two last night and they sounded realllllly good.

23. MegT585

Trusted

I never saw any extra dates added and it has been like 2 weeks? :-/ Had hope this would end up somewhere in Western New York.

js977 likes this.
  24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

25. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

excited to see a setlist soon