Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - "Tidal Wave" Tour Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 20, 2016.

1. jhog3411

Yeah, I remember seeing TBS a bunch during that 06-07 time when the album was still new and they played My Blue Heaven a lot.

2. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

That's the band! I always forget their name for some reason.

3. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Chicago date at the Metro 9/16

4. atlas

Trusted

Oh fuck, I'm there. When can tix be bought

5. heymattrick

Sending my love

Damn it! So much for going to the first show of the tour!

6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Well now I regret buying Milwaukee tickets.

Anyone want to buy two Milwaukee tickets from me for exactly what I paid for them? I can transfer the PDFs.

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

was this taken down? asking for a friend

8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Probably a riot fest after show that was announced too early

9. heymattrick

Sending my love

Since they are playing a "long time" and there are "no rules", thought I'd list the songs I would love to hear on this tour (some outrageously far-fetched, some I just haven't seen live in a while)

You Know How I Do
    I Am Fred Astaire
    My Blue Heaven
    New Again
    Sink Into Me
    Where My Mouth Is
    Best Places to Be a Mom
    It Doesn't Feel A Thing Like Falling
    Beat Up Car
    How I Met Your Mother
    Can You Feel That (Here I Am)

No rules.

Daniel182 likes this.
  10. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I feel like because one of the sets is the new album in full, the second set will just be the hits that they usually play and we'll end up being let down as far as deep cuts go.

11. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Speaking of deep cuts, I was just looking up TBS on setlist.fm and noticed that I'll Let You Live has never appeared in a single set listed on there. Kinda surprising. That song rules and is a great album closer.

12. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

But they'll play all the deep cuts on the new album :P

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's one of my favorite TBS songs ever. I feel like no one ever talks about it.

14. heymattrick

Sending my love

Did they say they would be performing the new album in full? That's disappointing, considering it comes out at the start of tour. Not even a lot of time to learn it.

Edit: never mind, saw it earlier in the thread. Stil hope they don't do this haha

15. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Summer, Man and Best Places To Be A Mom are two TBS songs I feel I need to hear at some point live. I don't care what they play from TAYF or WYWTB. From Happiness Is, I would like to hear Beat Up Car and Stood A Chance, planning to get at least one of those.

Davjs and heymattrick like this.
  16. atlas

Trusted

I'll Let You Live is permanently stuck in my head. As in, I sing it either in my head or out loud at least twice a week every week for like the last 5 years

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  17. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I think Best Places is seriously underrated and I really enjoyed hearing it on their reunion tour.

Davjs and heymattrick like this.
  18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The Chicago show is indeed a Riot Fest after show. No openers.

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

FYI, Dallas show is sold out.

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

heymattrick likes this.
  21. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

New TBS

22. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Has it been officially announced that they will be doing a Tidal Wave set followed by a second set?

23. heymattrick

Sending my love

I think it was just a John Nolan quote, and I'm hoping it's like a lot of things TBS says and ends up not doing. So many songs off their last few albums they've either never played live or rarely play live, and now they do a small intimate your but decide to play their new album in full starting the day it gets released? I was hoping the crowds would be better than TOC but now that most of the crowd won't even have the chance to had heard some of these songs by that point...we'll see

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Both new songs are pretty bad. I'd be super bummed if they played these small of venues and decided to play the full album

Joe4th likes this.
  25. heymattrick

Sending my love

I don't mind the songs, but I don't love them YET. Happiness Is took several listens for me to get into but I do love it now. I'm excited for this new album but I like to have more time with the songs before seeing all of them live