Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - "Tidal Wave" Tour Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 20, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I saw Straylight close with Big Shot when they opened for Bayside in 2008. It blew my mind.

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's a bold move. Pierce the Veil just played their brand new album front to back on their last tour.

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

This makes a possibility of an album release show in Chicago even more likely.

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I wrote in the News thread that I have no problem with them doing that (so long as Tidal Wave is as good as I expect it to be) but I could see them pissing a LOT of fans off by doing that. Judging by the last 4 or 5 TBS shows I've been to over the past 3 or 4 years, it's pretty clear that most people attend their shows looking for their old stuff and don't really know much about the new stuff, which is a shame.

5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Ugh, I'm not too excited about Tidal Wave in its entirety. The rest of the set will probably just be songs they always play, and it will still be considered a longer set.

Davjs likes this.
  6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Honestly will probably skip this if they're doing the whole new album, unless it ends up being better than the last.

7. Davjs

Trusted

That's why they should mix it up with some rare ones, like Yellowcard did when they did Page Ave acoustic. Their Encore had some songs they never play.

8. himynameisdakota

Regular

If they are actually playing the whole album that makes missing tickets a little less upsetting. Nothing against the album I just figured they'd be playing all deep cuts or throwbacks for a small club tour.

Davjs likes this.
  9. Jams

Trusted

I'm still excited about the show. I liked the 2 new songs they played at TOC and there's a pretty good chance I will really like the new album since I generally like everything they release. But I really, really hope the rest of the set includes some songs they don't normally play. (I would die if they ever decided to play New American Classic)

10. Davjs

Trusted

That would be awesome! On a TBS mix I made, I have NAC going right into Cute and I think that'd be awesome live.

Jams likes this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

According to setlist.fm they've only played New American Classic 6 times. I was at the one in Cleveland where they played it for an encore in 2004. One of my favorites.

Jams and Davjs like this.
  12. Jams

Trusted

My jealousy right now is out of this world lol! I wasn't even going to shows back then (I was 13 in 2004) and I feel like that was the prime time for all the cool shows. Was never allowed to go to any :tear:

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, that was a real good era for shows...between 2002 and 2006 were probably some of my favorite shows. The 2004-2006 time frame for me was when TBS was in their prime. Their shows were really something else. I still enjoy them live, but their current shows aren't anything like they were 10-12 years ago, imo.

Jams likes this.
  14. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I'd probably enjoy Existentialism + Everything Must Go more than probably anything else they could play for me at this point. Make it happen!!! Haha.

Davjs likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hope this is as cool as I'm hoping it will be. The last two times I saw TBS the crowd was really lame, but I hope the small venue aspect inspires a little chaos

heymattrick likes this.
  16. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i haven't seen You Blew It! since Feb 2014 i am dying to see them again
    tix are kinda expensive for me at $46. i'll have to see if i can afford that w all my other expenses tomorrow

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

There are still tickets for the Milwaukee show but I think it's not as small as most venues they're playing on this tour.

18. Jay Evan

I've Made A Huge Mistake

Yellowcard rocking out to Until The Day I Die

19. Davjs

Trusted

Hahaha, oops. *Ocean Ave. I'd be down for some soty covers though ☺

20. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

lol, i was thinking "is that a pre-Ocean Ave album?"

21. heymattrick

Sending my love

I will be seeing TBS for the 13th and 14th times on this tour, and if I STILL do not hear "My Blue Heaven" after going to that many shows, I will be pissed! It's not like it's a song they don't play frequently either, they seem to play it still pretty regularly but I've never managed to see it.

So stoked to be going to the 1st date. Last year I went to the 2nd or 3rd show of the tour and they had already dropped two of my favorite songs from the set that they played the first show (Beat Up Car & My Blue Heaven)

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Saw them play My Blue Heaven on their 06 summer tour (with Angels and Airwaves). I've seen TBS 10 or 11 times. I think that was the only time they played it.

joe.boy.fresh. and heymattrick like this.
  23. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

It was one of the songs they swapped around for the tour with Bayside, I think. We didn't get it sadly, which sucks because it's one of my favorite songs.

24. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I think you're right, I attended that tour as well (I think Head Automatica also opened)

25. kidinthebushes

Trusted

And The Subways.

Full Effect Ed likes this.