Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - "Tidal Wave" Tour Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 20, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

$90 for two ticket for Milwaukee. I just can't pull the trigger. Fingers crossed for a Chicago date.

2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I caved and bought two Milwaukee tickets. If a Chicago date is announced, I will sell these. Just don't want to miss the longer set from one of my favorite bands.

3. Davjs

Trusted

I'd be so down for a longer set as long as they mix it up. I've seen them 3 times in the last couple of years and it's been the same set just mixed up a bit. How about throwing in El Paso, Blue Channel or Union. I think those songs would go well with the upbeat sound of Tidal Wave.

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The Union is my all-time TBS fave however I doubt they will ever play it again considering it's directly about John and Shaun.

Got to see them play it a handful of times during the Fred era.

5. Davjs

Trusted

Oh I didn't know that. Adam needs to quit writting songs about ex band members, doesn't he know it makes it awkward when they become friends again

6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I usually don't feel entitled to demand anything out of a setlist but I'll be pretty bummed if they don't play a pretty long set at $42 bucks a ticket after fees. Either way I'm pretty pumped to see them in a small venue again.

Davjs likes this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Their Spring Tour last year was a pretty lengthy set (Cleveland date was 22 songs) and that wasn't even advertised as a 'really, really long time' so I can't imagine how much longer they plan on playing each date.

8. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Chicago is going to be Riot Fest related. Just wait.

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The Milwaukee show isn't sold out yet. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger.

10. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

A good chunk of these are already sold out. All of the dates near me (Long Island, Boston, Rhode Island) are.

11. oldboot

Regular

That is awesome. I am going to the RI show. Going to be unbelievable seeing them in a sold out, 600 cap venue.

12. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

I don't really want to pull the trigger on this yet but I feel like I might have to.

13. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

I had to buy Philly tickets when they went on sale couldn't risk it.

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

There are still tickets available for the Milwaukee show.

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

smh at people complaining about $45 tickets for what will probably be a 2 hour long set from a band that usually plays venues much much larger than this. I'm only a casual TBS fan, but this seems like a dream come true for hardcore fans

16. Davjs

Trusted

Also isn't it to make up for the money they would have gotten with playing larger venues? If the hardcore fans want a small club experience, they have to pay a little extra to make it happen.

17. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I just wish the Milwaukee date I am attending was booked at a smaller venue. 1,000 capacity.

18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Makes sense I guess. I just know that I paid $160 for my Kanye ticket and that Drake tickets were going for around $300. To see a band that has a 15+ year career play in a small club for 2 hours, $40-50 seems like nothing. I know I've paid that much to see TBS in the past, at larger venues where they played for less than an hour.

Davjs likes this.
  19. Jams

Trusted

I've seen TBS many, many times and this isn't really much more than what their tickets normally go for sooo. I didn't even hesitate when I bought tickets. I thought the price was reasonable for a longer set, plus the smaller venue size is just a bonus for me. But I'm a giant TBS fan so I would have paid more anyway lol

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

According to the No Brown M&M's podcast with John Nolan, they're planning on playing the new record in its entirety on the fall tour. Bold move.

21. Davjs

Trusted

That would be. If the songs are as good as Tidal Wave, I'd probably be ok with it. Esp if they did an encore of awesome songs after: A Decade, El Paso, Best Places to be Mom, Blue Channel, Union, Cute, 180, Makedamnsure, Flicker Flicker. Throw in some unexpected stuff to blow the audience away.

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Pretty sure Adam has already came out and said the song Tidal Wave doesn't really sound like anything else on the album. But who knows?

I think we talked about this before, NO chance they'll ever play Union live again considering it's directly about John and Shaun.

23. Davjs

Trusted

I know, I know but if I keep saying it, it may come true :-)
    I think with all the time that has passed, it really wouldn't matter. I do agree they will never play it though, but for the different reason that they usually play the same songs from each album.

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The Union is EASILY my favorite TBS song ever. I think it'd be cool if they played some Straylight songs. When they first reunited they were playing Existentialism quite a bit. (Although Adam sung it, which didn't make any sense). It'd be unreal if they played Big Shot.

25. Davjs

Trusted

I remember them doing that! It was awesome because they played it back to back with a piano version of Everything Must Go right?

Big Shot would be soooo crazy! I remember the one time I saw Straylight that's what they ended with and it was incredible.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.