Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - "Tidal Wave" Tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Now this is good news, I think my least favorite thing about seeing TBS recently is how they have settled for a standard 15-18 song set that feels way too short for how many albums they have at this point

2. Collins

Trusted

Dammit I'm going to be out of the country when this comes to the FUCKING MOHAWK of all places. I know it's not cool anymore but I fucking love TBS and seeing them play an extended set there would be a dream. Oh well

3. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Boohoo. Well hopefully in the spring they'll book a tour you're not too cool for

Penguin, oldboot, Knifeparty and 3 others like this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

thanks! I hope so too!

5. Collins

Trusted

Needs more double double whammy bands for him

6. atlas

Trusted

the day of the show nearest me might not even be feasible for me to go, but never seen TBS, so fuck it, I'm gonna buy and make it work

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

rough time for that, heh

8. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'm hoping this tour is the polar opposite of Taste of Chaos...in setlist choices, set length, and members of the crowd enjoying more than just TAYF songs.

9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I hope so too. I can deal with the setlist as long as the crowd is hyped (like the reunion tour or the TAYF10 tour) but the other times I've seen them post reunion (the used tour, Menzingers tour, and TOC) the dead crowd made it a forgettable show every time.

10. Collins

Trusted

Man, the crowds were so hot on the reunion tour and TAYF10 tour. Some of the best shows ever. Wish the crowds were still that hyped.

11. heymattrick

Sending my love

I thought their headlining tour last Spring was great. Went to see the show in Dallas and they definitely exceeded any setlist expectations I had. I guess I didn't pay too much attention to the packed crowd but I thought it was definitely on point.

12. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

That or a festival set.

It's almost a given.

13. jco3

Regular

Highly, highly doubt they'd play any Straylight Run, but I'm just saying that'd be dope. I've been listening to "Later That Year", and "Try" a lot lately. Long shot, but it'd be cool to mix some classic 'Run in there. Yeah, I just abbreviated Straylight Run.

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

They tweeted yesterday that they'd be playing for a 'really, really long time' at these shows. My guess is they'll play between 20-22 songs each night. Also, I think there is only one opener for each date, which typically leads to longer sets.

heymattrick likes this.
  15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The Cleveland date they are playing a 500-cap room. They typically play House of Blues in Cleveland which is about 1200 Cap. So, that'll be interesting considering the HOB shows normally sell out. The venue they're playing (Agora Ballroom) also has a much bigger Theater room, so they must really be aiming for a smaller show.

I'd jump all over these tickets if I didn't have my lone night/work meeting of the month that night in September.

16. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Closest show to me is Milwaukee, which is 1.5 hours away. Only problem is it is a Wednesday night, right after Riot Fest weekend, and I have class on Tuesday/Thursday evenings. Feels like too much for one week.

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's why I will keep my fingers crossed for a Chicago date. I don't think I have it in me to drive to Milwaukee 3 days after Riot Fest.

18. atlas

Trusted

Also the Milwaukee date is the same day as The Dear Hunter in Chicago, who I was already planning to see with friends. Blah. Hopefully something gets added in there

19. Daniel182

Yup, I agree. Plus the Milwaukee venue is a bit bigger than others on this tour. Hopefully this won't sell out too quickly, and I can make a last minute decision if no Chicago date is added.

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I am hoping for a Chicago show on 9/19 or a Riot Fest after show on 9/16.

21. Daniel182

I would totally go to either of those!

22. MattNCheeze

Trusted

$35 eee gads.

But such a tiny room.

fawk.

23. himynameisdakota

Regular

Orlando date sold out within 5 minutes.

24. Daniel182

Ugh, this makes me want to buy Milwaukee tickets just in case and then sell them if I am unable to go.

25. Jams

Trusted

Got tickets for the Cleveland date. So excited for a longer set!