Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - "Tidal Wave" Tour Tour • Page 13

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 20, 2016.

1. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Them playing encores in half the cities is bullshit. After the MN date there was a bunch of people bitching about them not coming out on twitter. The venue security eventually made people leave.

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I saw on set lists no encore so I left. I mean I don't really need to hear you're so last summer again but whatever

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They said in Cleveland that they went over their time but then they played Makedamnsure so I assumed they weren't going to come back out

4. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Sold my ticket for 45, idk why people are being asshats and selling for 60+

Jdaniels likes this.
  5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Show is live streaming tonight. I wonder if they're doing Tidal Wave front to back because of that AND it's the second night of a show in the same city so they may switch it up.

heymattrick likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

I'll be at Thrice tonight so I'll have to miss it :tear: If anyone is watching, post the set peez!

heymattrick likes this.
  7. bagdad

I got 2 extra tickets for the Atlanta show next Friday. I paid $82 for them. Looking to get around $75. Anyone interested let me know. Thanks!

8. TMS2787

Trusted

Did you see the time sheet? They had until 10:45 and when Adam said that it wasn't even 10:35 yet. He's a damn liar. Lol.

9. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Even at the first show in Omaha before the last song, he said they had been on stage way longer than they were supposed to be. Their set for this tour is about on par with, if not slightly shorter, than most of their recent headlining tours. But they did come back out 5 minutes after the lights went back on and played You're So Last Summer. They've done that several times since too.

10. heymattrick

If I'm not mistaken, this is a Yahoo Screen live stream so it should be available for replay for 24 hours. I realized I have plans right when the stream starts so I hope this is the case so I can watch tomorrow morning

11. Davjs

Trusted

Awesome! I hope someone captures it and puts it online as well. I love going back and watching the Anberlin one from their final tour, someone put it on youtube.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

When they do the Live Stream...I think they keep it up for 24 hours so it can be replayed...I could be wrong though. I doubt I'd be able to start watching right at 9. Hoping there is a replay option.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That's super lame lol

14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Yo, for those looking for tickets / not wanting to pay full price, some of the shows are starting to bottom out on stubhub.

15. TMS2787

Trusted

Has anyone gone to one of the in-stores the band has done? If so, what where the setlists like?

Took long enough. Maybe that webcast is what made them bottom out because people finally realized they aren't playing any longer (shorter actually) and it's the new album. Oh! And in Cleveland they had a barricade. Haha. This tour is such bullshit.

16. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

TBS added Better Homes and Gardens to the set tonight for 24 songs. Adam said he wanted to play it because the house they burned down in the video was in Greensboro, which is about 45 minutes from where the show was tonight.

They played for about an hour and 45 minutes which was pretty sweet. Tidal Wave got about the reception I expected. People liked the first half, then bitched about old songs around the 8th song. That being said, the silence and murmurs that happened at the end of the first set become a slow build to an eruption of cheers when the first guitar strums of Cute Without The 'E' hit and it was one of the greatest moments of any TBS show I have seen. I also appreciated that Adam actually sang all the parts to the song, because last time I saw them he was completely fucking hammered. Great show, glad I went even with the frustration of hearing 12 new songs. Hopefully after this tour only Tidal Wave, You Can't Look Back, and All Excess are the only staples in future sets.

js977 likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

call come running though.............................................................................................................

18. heymattrick

Homecoming and I'll Find a Way... have the most unfortunate positions in this set. They're at the point where those in the crowds that don't know Tidal Wave are completely bored and ready for the 2nd set, they're quieter songs and these are small rooms so you can hear the entire back of the room talking throughout them and it nearly ruined both songs for me.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I noticed that on the Livestream they did. I was able to pick up on all the talking.

What the hell is wrong with people going to shows and talking while the band is playing. It's one thing if they're not into it, it's a completely other thing to ruin it for others around them.

heymattrick and Davjs like this.
  20. ashtradamus Oct 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 7, 2016)
    ashtradamus

Something about concerts brings out the absolute worst and absolute rudest in people. I'm seeing them on Oct 12 in New Orleans and I'm already preparing myself to be beyond annoyed.

21. Tommy72

Amazing show last night in a dump of a venue in Mesa, Arizona.

Oddly enough, I enjoyed TBS playing the entirety of Tidal Wave more than the classics, but maybe it was that point in the night or because I've seen them 20+ times.

Can't say enough about Adam's energy...yes, people complain he doesn't hit every note but that doesn't matter to me, I love seeing passion and losing oneself on stage.

You Blew It! was pretty good too, I had never heard their music before.

It must feel amazing for a band to play their latest in full, and I felt the reception was pretty strong.

Awesome night and awesome show.

heymattrick, ashtradamus and js977 like this.
  22. heymattrick

So excited for the LA show tomorrow. I've never seen a show in Los Angeles before and the work trip I'm on right now has been exhausting and draining, and tomorrow will be my saving grace!

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  23. sirata107 Oct 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 21, 2016)
    sirata107

My friends and I have a few tickets we are trying to sell (face value) for the holiday shows at Starland Ballroom. Got tickets to see Jimmy Eat World at the Stone Pony instead. Can't pass that up! If anyone is interested please send me a message. They are digital tickets so I can send them quickly. Glad I caught TBS on the ToC tour this summer and Starting Line is playing Philly for their headline show right after this. Just bummed to missing Acceptance! So it goes..

24. heymattrick

LA show last night was pretty sweet. It was pretty empty when I got there halfway through You Blew It but filled up more by the time TBS started. They were about 15 minutes late coming on stage. It was better this time having had more time spent with the album (went to the first show of the tour as well). However, LA crowds are officially awful. Some of the biggest assholes I have ever encountered in a crowd at a show. But I had a great time and it was a nice relief from this long 7-day trip I've been on.