Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - Tidal Wave (September 16, 2016) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by xtbs7645x, Jun 21, 2016.

1. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

New song is so bland after re-listening to it. I've always liked experimental Taking Back Sunday. It's a shame most people, including the band, shit on New Again

Davjs likes this.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

New Again just isn't good.

3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

They're all good imo, but New Again is in the upper half

4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I don't think this band has a bad album. Maybe happiness is

5. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

Because Adam Lazzara's voice got so obnoxious during those years, but musically it is pretty good.

6. ChaseTx

You think that's their worst? Interesting

My least favorite is Louder Now. Half the sis are great and the rest are middling. It's also very front loaded

Davjs likes this.
  7. Leftandleaving

It's super unmemorable to me. I know a lot of people don't agree with that haha. The few songs I like I really really like, but on the whole I think it's boring

I've never been huge on LN, but I think it's a bit more consistent than HI. Plus I'm a big Fred fan, haha

8. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

For some reason the song has grown on me big-time. It's such a jam!

9. Mclusky30

Better Homes And Gardens might be my favorite TBS song.

airik625, RJ Knorr and Zac Djamoos like this.
  10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Louder Now and Taking Back Sunday are my favorite TBS records. Happiness Is is up there as well.

11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

That last song on Happiness Is reminds me of the BN song Out of Range.

12. Leftandleaving

I think the self titled is extremely underrated

Davjs, airik625 and ChaseTx like this.
  13. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the self-titled IS extremely underrated, but it also feels...incomplete

"call me in the morning" is one of my favorite tbs closers still

RJ Knorr and collin512 like this.
  14. That song is amazing

collin512 likes this.
  15. ChaseTx

S/T is where I really got into TBS. Before that I'd only listened to TAYF. "Best Places", "This Is All Now", "Call Me In The Morning", "You Got Me", and "Sad Savior" are all among their best songs

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Speaking of Fred, where did we all land on the Terrible Things' debut? I really like a couple songs off it, like Up At Night, Hills of Birmingham, and Wrap Me Up.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  17. Leftandleaving

Never ended up listening to that actually. Really miss The Color Fred though, haha

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I remember listening to Terrible Things, but I can't recall any of the tracks. I only gave it one listen, so maybe I need to revisit.

19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

it's weird for how much i value his songwriting in tbs that i am completely indifferent to fred's other music

20. schackbr

Regular

that's actually one of the reasons i take it with a major grain of salt when people say "fred was the best." his solo stuff in no way shape or form reflects that.

21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

think there was a very particular alchemy between fred and adam (and possibly matt) for those records that brought the best out of each's writing

22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

of course everybody in tbs is involved in the writing process (except on new again which iirc is almost all matt and fazzi) so I could be misrepresenting that

23. Davjs

Trusted

I would have liked to see where they went with Fazzi in the band, I thought he was great in the two releases they put out (New Again and the live acoustic). I'll echo it is a shame they ignore NA because there are some great songs on there. They should at least play one on every show, it'd be refreshing to throw in Swing, Lonely Lonely, Summer Man or Everything Must Go.

I really like this song though and look forward to the album, esp if nothing else on it has this kind of sound.

collin512 likes this.
  24. MatthewDuke

Regular Supporter

I saw them play Lonely, Lonely with John and Shaun. It was kickass.

25. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Lonely, Lonely is one of my favorite guitar riffs the band has. Straight up rock n roll

RJ Knorr likes this.