Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - Tidal Wave (September 16, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by xtbs7645x, Jun 21, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

You're not wrong lol.

Seeing them live I noticed him in the background and figured he was a tech until he started playing the keyboard part for "The Blue Channel" and was moving around the stage a lot. I just assumed John handled the rare keyboard parts in addition to guitar. No disrespect to the guy, he seems like a good guitarist and playing guitar/keys is tough (played that combo in a band once, very stressful sometimes) but his guitar parts were basically what Eddie was playing.

2. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ChrisCantWrite and TheWater(s) like this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I didn't think this would see a release until October or November, awesome! I'm guessing we'll get a single in about a month.

4. sometimes these dates are wrong so don't get too stoked on that just yet

5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I have no idea what to expect from a TBS song called "Death Wolf".

6. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

DEATH WOLF

7. WetwithSharp Jun 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2016)
    WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

Fairly generic album name, track names are weird too.....I'm going to assume some of them are due to a translation error(I.E. "I'll find a way to make it what you" lol).

aoftbsten likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

"We don't go in there" is my favorite

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Yea, I'm hoping that's a translation thing on some of those track names :crylaugh:

10. normally it's just like not the whole thing lol

11. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

You don't want change from your favorites? What does that even mean?

12. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Happiness Is was a step in the right direction, really interested to see where they go with this one.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  13. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

He wishes Adam could still sng the way he did on Louder now, which singing/screaming songs out of his range and smoking has essentially rendered impossible.

Side note: Happiness Is had a few "New Again" vibes on it which makes me happy. That record deserves way the hell more credit than it gets.

Contender likes this.
  14. MatthewDuke

Regular Supporter

is this really real?

15. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

The title track sounded so incredibly boring, imo. I was hoping for a sealed deal after Happiness Is..

16. jco3 Jun 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 25, 2016)
    jco3

Regular

The name "Death Wolf" is really cool sounding. As far as the inclusion of wolves in TBS songs go, there's "Timberwolves at New Jersey" from a decade ago. John Nolan released a great song, "Here Comes The Wolf", a little less than two years ago. There's also the classic TBS song, "We all Love Our Pets," which, in this song, when listing which kind of pets they and we all love, there's mention of "furry ones like dogs and cats". Canis familiaris, the domestic dog, is believed to be the first species domesticated by man from Eurasian gray wolves at least 15,000 years ago.

So, yeah, basically I have no idea what to expect.

17. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

18. Collins

Trusted

Best post

19. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

no new song?

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  20. MatthewDuke Jun 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 27, 2016)
    MatthewDuke

Regular Supporter

Would anyone be interested in a demo version of Tell All Your Friends I have? It's not the demo with 5 songs, it is a pre-production demo, and it makes all of the songs sound so much better than how they turned out on the actual album. Just let me know if you want it.

Edit: I don't want to flood my inbox so here it is for those that want it.
    https://mega.nz/#!lgwiTKLR!25SOsMdFXimTYUKXVDErTPPnQnL5s4gfNd6kxqCKtKE

21. manemox

Regular

how do you have this? and yes of course.

22. MatthewDuke

Regular Supporter

PM me.

23. realphilrizzo

Adam saying this album has an Americana feel excites me. Maybe it'll have a Gaslight Anthem feel??

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

is it the one called 1/2002 (Quantegy Gold Studio CD-R Pre-Mastered Rough Mixes)

25. MatthewDuke

Regular Supporter

Yes, that is the one.