Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday - Tidal Wave (September 16, 2016) Album • Page 103

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by xtbs7645x, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

nah great song

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

gonna give TW a listen on my way home today. really would like to hear more music in this vein, as jarring of a style shift as it seemed when it debuted, i dig it more and more each time i hear songs from it.

The Black Parade likes this.
  3. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I’m going to guess they’re writing and spending time with their families. They basically toured all last year.

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

You Can’t Look Back has EASILY become one of my all-time favorite TBS songs what’s happening in here?

5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

You Can't Look Back is probably a top 3 from that album

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I agree that it's a hair too long, but it's still a good song.

7. Noradrenaline

Regular

Even though I usually skip the second half it’s one of my favourite TBS songs. Soon to be in the top ten! I won’t stand for any slander.

(Number one is One-Eighty By Summer with 145 plays, if you wanna know)

Attached Files:

The Black Parade and aoftbsten like this.
  8. nice

aoftbsten likes this.
  9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Judging by way too much love shown for post-Idiot Green Day in the Father thread, I'm gonna say it's Terrible Take Week

j0nnymarrzbar likes this.
  10. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

YCLB is an awesome song, definitely top 5 post 2010 reunion songs they’ve put out. But I do agree that it’s placement on the record is weird. Death Wolf and Tidal Wave start it off at a 10 then YCLB slows it down to a 7 or 8 kind of abruptly. Probably shoulda swapped it with All Excess or Call Come Running in the track-listing.

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

He's deleted a lot of the posts, but it looks like Eddie's band 'Fate's Got a Driver' is no longer, and he's just been posting so much sad/depressed stuff lately (on facebook). Really hope he's ok and if not get's help he seems to need.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Wait they’re not a thing anymore? Didn’t they just play shows with TCF?

13. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

When he left TBS I don't think it was on bad terms right? I remember reading somewhere that John was fully open to him coming back eventually. All of them seem like they're good friends so I'm positive the guys in the band will be there for him if he needs it.

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah he posted like immediately after those shows that they were looking for a new singer, and then just posted the other night that the bands not a band anymore (then quickly deleted the post so maybe who knows??)

I think a lot of that was for publicity, tbh. Eddie's posts make it seem like there are no good terms, a lot of "fucked me over", "backstabbed me", "true colors", shit like that. He seems to just kinda air out all his dirty laundry on social media lol. I don't expect an Eddie reunion in TBS.

15. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

That sucks. Hopefully in time they can sort their shit out and be on better terms with each other.

16. sukottokairu

Regular

when i saw them on the 20th anniversary tour, they seemed pretty attached to the touring guitarist honestly. i don't see eddie being allowed back anytime soon :/

17. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

guess this answers my post from yesterday

19. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Jim likes this.
  20. J.love

Regular

On Eddies instagram he says Fate's got a driver is no more. And other sad stuff.

21. J.love

Regular

22. RyanPm40 Feb 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2020)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm definitely super grateful to have seen all three lineups. With Fred at Projekt Revolution, with Fazzi in NH, with John when they first reunited in Boston, and then John again in NH

EDIT

Oops, thought I was in the main TBS thread where I saw some folks talking about seeing certain things live earlier hah

Kingjohn_654, MRose24 and heymattrick like this.
  23. I wish Eddie and Fred would form a band together

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Freddie

25. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Edred

Kingjohn_654 likes this.