Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Post Up ‘Twenty’ Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Loki

God of mischief

Thanks for the heads-up, I grabbed one of the packages. Kinda needless and I think the track selection could have been better but I love these guys and have been "collecting" their stuff for ages now.

3. delvec19

Trusted

2 new tracks!

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Wait is this just a greatest hits type deal or are these live recordings?

5. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Greatest Hits + 2 new songs.

Dan O'Neill and mattylikesfilms like this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

very impressed that this post has made it almost 5 whole hours without someone chiming in about this being a cash grab

7. mattylikesfilms Nov 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 14, 2018)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'll be that guy.

This is a cash grab. I mean get it fellas- 20 years? Y'all deserve it and I ain't mad at it but it is most definitely a cash grab. I think greatest hits, in general, are a very silly thing in the digital age. When CDs and Tapes were still a thing, that made sense, but now? Nope.

thedrudo likes this.
  8. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

If TBS cash grabs lead to more John Nolan solo stuff, then I'm fine with them.

9. CyberInferno

That's why it's only available on vinyl, not on CD or anything else. It's designed for people who like collecting physical albums.

Do you have the same complaints when bands do re-pressings of old albums in vinyl? It's just as unnecessary, right?

heymattrick likes this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That's not the same thing and I think we both know that. Also, I am not complaining- I literally said I ain't mad at it- but do I think it's silly? Yeah.

Connor likes this.
  11. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

It is available on CD, but it’s some online retailer the band isn’t even isn’t promoting. I only know because they tweeted it to me when I asked about CD

12. BTDandFeelingThis

Btw the greatest hits are remastered. TAYF and WYWTB tracks could sound great remastered

heymattrick and mattylikesfilms like this.
  13. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

It’s totally okay to have differing opinions. Just for future reference.

14. efp722

Regular

Bummer. Was really hoping this was a new album. While still cool, it's a pass for me.

15. BTDandFeelingThis

According to the product detail the two new songs will show us the new direction the band will take next album. That statement had me...intrigued

heymattrick likes this.
  16. efp722

Regular

Definitely excited to hear them.

17. CyberInferno

Ok well that craps on my theory lol.

18. CyberInferno

When did I say that it wasn't ok to have different opinions? I was replying to a statement with my own opinion, and I asked a couple clarifying questions.

The point of a forum is to have a discussion. I don't think my comment was condescending or insulting. And if your bar for being rude is so low that my comment surpassed it, I wonder how you participate in discussions at all online or otherwise.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  19. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I’ve loved Taking Back Sunday since I was an 18 year old kid learning every word to TAYF. After the music they’ve given us? Cash grab away. Hopefully they make all the cash so they can keep making tunes.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  20. heymattrick

Sending my love

Taking Back Sunday means so much to me. It means a lot when a band continues to release albums that hit home for me, and that I can continue to grow up with. Their albums are 7 out of 7 for me. Every album has several of those "Well fuck, this song is about my life/how I'm feeling" songs.

Also, long shot, but I hope "Sink Into Me" being included in here might have even the slightest possibility that they'll play that song live again. Song is a jam.

AshlandATeam and Bad Frequencies like this.
  21. thrilliam

20-20 surgery

Loki and heymattrick like this.