Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Part Ways with Eddie Reyes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Eddie Reyes and Taking Back Sunday have parted ways:

Guitarist Eddie Reyes and Taking Back Sunday have parted ways due to personal reasons. Eddie was a founding member of the band and his contributions can be felt all along the way. John, Shaun, Mark and Adam love Eddie, wish him well in his future endeavors and look forward to hitting the road soon, starting in Mexico on April 26 and traveling to the UK and Germany in late May. After that they will spend the summer touring the US with long-time friends Coheed and Cambria.

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Least shocking news of all-time.

RyanPm40 and bachna84 like this.
  3. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Really? Why do you say that?

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

He hasn't toured with the band in years, nor has he promoted anything involving the band since 2016. The writing has been on the wall for a very long, long time. I posted several times in the TBS thread over the past few year that I was waiting for an official announcement.

5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Oh wow. I had no idea he hadn't been touring with the band. This move does make a lot of sense then

JediMasterKevo182 likes this.
  6. schackbr

Regular

he was dealing with personal stuff. he played the holiday shows at Starland Ballroom I was at this year and was promoting the Coheed tour.

7. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Wow, I had no idea he stopped working with them like that. I wonder how their sound is going to be affected by him leaving, as I'm not sure of the extent to which he was involved in the writing process.

8. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I highly recommend not reading those Facebook comments.

Personally I would have expected a bit longer send-off for a founding member leaving after almost 20 years.

j0hnnyrt, RyanPm40, RobJGolde and 3 others like this.
  9. schackbr

Regular

the comments were vicious. really awful

10. Bass0820

Pretty sure he was there last year on their tour with ETID I think

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

To be clear, I think he has played a select number of shows here and there over the past 2 years, but for the most part, he has not been touring with them.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Unfortunately, nothing surprises me with this band. Especially when it has to do with parting ways with members.

13. maxracer

:nerd:

ncarrab likes this.
  14. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Another one who didn't see this coming.

Definitely seeing them at Slam Dunk though. Any idea if their will be a replacement for Eddie?

15. ARo24

Regular

So this means they’re bringing back Fred?

16. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I. Wish. So. Hard.

David Parke and theasteriskera like this.
  17. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I tried to be as uplifting as possible with my comment but some of the shit people were saying was just way uncalled for. People are fucking awful.

18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Haha never

19. nickdr921

Regular

I don't think they wrote anything too long because they're prob extremely bummed that he left. If you read through the Facebook comments, they back him up a lot so They prob don't want him to go, being that he is the reason they all even are in the current positions they are in. I can't see this being a breakup on bad terms. And I'm sure all parties want to respect eddie's privacy. So bummed out though, it's weird thinking of a tbs without Eddie Reyes.

20. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I can't fathom why people take these things so personally, get so angry, and take sides in the issues of their favourite bands. It's all so selfish and immature.

21. ttmessick

Matt Fazzi*

devenstonow likes this.
  22. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

23. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I got the impression from their responses to those comments that the page isn't even run by a member of the band. They kept using the phrase "The band...." instead of "We...", making it even less personal.

I love these dudes and would buy tickets to any show involving Fred or Fazzi. I love John but I need an Ultimate-Back-Sunday tour.

24. snaps

Regular Supporter

When I saw them in St. Louis Eddie was rushed to the hospital before the show. Maybe it’s health related.

25. snaps

Regular Supporter

When I saw them in St. Louis Eddie was rushed to the hospital before the show. Maybe it’s health related.