Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Not Pleased With Emo Night • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 19, 2016.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This guy sounds like a real piece of shit. Make good music and then maybe you can complain about dumb things like this.

Jim likes this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

coleslawed and Jake W like this.
  3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

beachdude42 and Jake W like this.
  4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Yeah I mean he has probably been cool to tons of people. I'm just basing most of this on the way he carried himself in that altpress piece a few years ago. He said some very douchey things about Fred and Matt Fazzi. Also he totally acts like he is some big "rockstar". Callin. Jesse Lacey a dick for no reason a few years ago and now this nonsense.

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. Schooner

Trusted

Must be hard up for cash. America the litigious country.

6. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

AshlandATeam and Yellowcard2006 like this.
  8. red8ge

Regular

Adam's a nice guy from all the times I've hung out with him. Emo night LA are a bunch of d-bags who literally tried to copyright "Emo Night," as if they owned that shit.

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. ARo24

Regular

Let's all believe the billboard writer though right guys? Sounds like he's the one hard up for some readers.

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

What does this even mean?

Woohoo! likes this.
  11. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I feel like he didn't say anything out of line. Especially considering his explanation and the fact that the emo night dudes tried to copyright that phrase.

Dude devotes his entire life to this thing and makes a comment about watching what they do with something he cares about and he's a dick? Okay.

AshlandATeam and ChaseTx like this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Didn't he also recently complain about the band being called emo? and now this... hahahaha.

13. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

The whole thing still leaves a bad taste in my mouth re:Lazzara but it sounds like Billboard did blow it out of proportion. I'll hold off judgment on either party though. This situation is turning into a he said she said type deal, which I think is a cue for TBS and the emo nite guys to just leave it alone.

14. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I don't think he's defending emo. I think he's speaking specifically to the parody of their name and using their album art in their flyers and such.

ChaseTx likes this.
  15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Would have rather read an article taking about the new album.

Schooner, AshlandATeam and Ben Lee like this.
  16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Sounds like both sides are being a little douchey. Oh well.

17. bruinrk

On stage at Taste of Chaos on Saturday he was all "there's a group using our name and keeping us relevant" didn't seem like any ill will. Plus if he really wanted to say something he could've met with the Emo Note organizers who had a booth there.

Schooner likes this.
  18. schackbr

Regular

he addressed that in his comment on twitter.

19. Hunter Norman

Regular

Yeah, this was obviously out of context, and most people's feelings about Adam are from misguided examples. Truly a kind soul. Also, about the "I fought the law" comment.....in that case, about 30 other bands owe some money as well. I'm so sick of hearing those comparisons regarding Tidal Wave.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  20. I'd make the same joke about those bands too if they were were this "mad" their band name was being parodied. (And my thoughts about him do not come from misguided examples, for the record.)

fenway89 and FTank like this.
  21. Hunter Norman

Regular

What does that sentiment have to do with the fact that they wrote a song reminiscent of other classic rock and punk songs with a very traditional structure and chord progression? Parodying a bands name and using their songs and album art to further a purpose is something that he should be able to comment on without having to incorporate musical influences and directions. Also, I wasn't speaking to your experiences with him but most people seem to bring up the oral history as their sole source of chatacter for Adam, where Ive had negative interactions with a certain ex bass player from TBS on contrast with my experiences with Adam.

22. He is allowed to comment on anything he wants. No one said differently. But if you want to comment or joke about someone owing you money for being a bad rip off of your band name, then I'm going to make a joke about your music being a bad rip off of someone else's better song. The joke's too easy to pass up.

23. Hunter Norman

Regular

Fair enough

24. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

This site hates TBS

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Actually, a lot of people on this site really like TBS, for whatever reason I don't understand.

fenway89, Aaron Mook and mercury like this.