Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday / Every Time I Die / Modern Chemistry / All Get Out Tour • Page 17

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 20, 2017.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

2. btr

Trusted Supporter

I believe so. There's going to be food trucks and more options for drinking. Will be interesting to see how it's set up!

3. TMS2787

Trusted

Death Wolf wasn't played. I didn't remove it before posting and Divine was in place of EMG. Correct setlists are serious bizz b

4. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I think they played something in between Liar and YSLS though, I honestly don't know what it was.

5. TMS2787

Trusted

I can't remember either. I just copied and pasted and edited it in my phone. I guess I should've been paying more attention to that then I was. Maybe @JaytotheGee will know.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I literally came here to see what the setlist was because I couldn't really remember lol

I thought they didn't play Death Wolf but then when I looked at setlist.fm I thought maybe I was a little drunker than I thought. They played Beat Up Car though

Also all 3 bands were so damn good. ETID stole the show imo, can't believe how large their crowd was! TBS was the best I've seen them in awhile too I think

7. Jams

Trusted

I had to leave early and the whole TBS set was ruined for me and my friend bc of mean drunk assholes. At least I got to see/enjoy ETID lol

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely a fair amount of assholes but not as many as usual at TBS shows I think

This big tough guy threatened to punch me in the face because during ETID I kept getting pushed into him and he said "I pushed you away from me 5 minutes ago and here you are again I'm punching you directly in the face next time"

9. Jams

Trusted

These drunk girls shoved my friend onto the ground for no reason. I got her up off the ground and we left our spot to get away from them. They fucking followed us, harassed my friend to the point she started crying. Then their huge boyfriends threatened to beat us (2 women) up and the one guy dumped his beer on my friend. We said fuck it and left. Was honestly scared they were going to follow us out of the venue. I'm getting balcony seats from now on lol

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

would have immediately reported them to staff, nobody should be made to feel like this at shows. sorry you experienced this. certain bands to draw some shit people and unfortunately i've found TBS to be one of those bands.

NationalPhenomenon and Jams like this.
  11. bachna84

Ahhhh yeah it was Beat Up Car! Thanks, I couldn't remember.

I would've preferred Death Wolf over Beat Up Car and Everything Must Go over Divine Intervention, but oh well.

All Get Out and Every Time I Die were both awesome and I agree, TBS was solid. They seemed to have a lot more energy than the last time I saw them (last year at Nautica). I think they're probably better suited to clubs. I could've done with a little less of Adam's talking too haha.

ETID was fantastic though. I'm glad they played both Cult and Fear & Loathing. And I'm glad they kept INRIhab in their set. I don't think I'd ever seen them play that one before.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  12. bachna84

That's terrible. I'm sorry that happened to you.

I was by the bar on the right for All Get Out and Every Time I Die and more toward the back center for TBS. She and Divine Intervention were pretty much ruined for me with all the talking going on. I will never understand why people pay money for a ticket and then just talk through the entire show.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That's awful. So sorry to hear that

Jams likes this.
  14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed he did talk a little too much lol And yeah I would have also preferred both of those

They also were playing Spin and Stood A Chance at the beginning of the tour which I would have also liked to hear but oh well

bachna84 likes this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i can't even re-call the amount of times i've come to near blows with people because i have no problem turning around and telling people to either shut the fuck up, go outside, or at the very least out of respect for people around them lower their voices.

it's the most rude, disrespectful shit and it infuriates me to no end.

Jams and bachna84 like this.
  16. bachna84

If it was just one person or a group of people, I'd do that too, but it must've been about 100 people around me. I'm sure they were probably talking throughout the entire show, I just really noticed it at that point in the show since those 2 songs were played acoustic.

17. TMS2787

Trusted

I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you. I wish someone would have seen it and said something. This really sucks. :(. The crowds are always bad at Taking Back Sunday shows but this is beyond anything. I thought I was mad about the amount of talking I had to endure, the drunk people and smelly people but man... this really is bullshit.

Jams likes this.
  18. TMS2787

Trusted

I was stage right, near the walk way and a group of guys kept talking and talking during the acoustic songs. One said "yeah, I can't wait to see Royal Blood." And I said loudly enough for him to hear "Will you be talking through Royal Blood too?" I always want to say something to people but my girlfriend is so timid and she always tells me to not because she thinks I'll get into a fight or something. But sometimes I can't help and I yell "shut the fuck up!" Or "We don't want to listen to you!" It's infuriating. And it's probably my number annoyance at shows. More so then drunk people who stumble around and can't handle being in a crowd. Which there was also plenty of that last evening.

bachna84 likes this.
  19. TMS2787 Aug 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 16, 2017)
    TMS2787

Trusted

That was it! It was Beat Up Car, I updated the setlist. I can't believe I forgot that. I really like that song. I guess I'm in the minority here but I was happy to hear Divine Intervention, it's kind of a deep cut / live rarity for them which we all know the setlits they put together are usually pretty similar. This was only the 13th or so Time they played it. I also like that song so maybe that plays a part into it, lol.

I thought All Get Out was awesome, TBS was a lot better than the three times I saw them last year but Adam seems to be tired and lost a step each time now but still a good set. I've seen ETID a ton and I'll be in the minority again here but I didn't think they were that great last night.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  20. SPine Aug 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 16, 2017)
    SPine

Trusted

I'm glad I wasn't in attendance last night after hearing all this. I'm a tall skinny dude, I'm not threatening to anyone so I've come very close to being in fights at shows because of annoying drunk dudes who can't handle pits and take their anger out on nonthreatening people. Sold out House of Blues shows I'm convinced bring out the worst in people. It's so crammed and there's nowhere to move or go. My enjoyment of shows is always make or break because of who I'm around.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  21. bachna84

I like Divine Intervention a lot too, I was just expecting/looking forward to Everything Must Go is all!

Yeah, they really don't play Divine Intervention much. I think the only other time I saw them play it was in 2006 when they played at Nautica with Angels & Airwaves, Head Automatica and The Subways.

Taking Back Sunday Setlist at Plain Dealer Pavilion, Cleveland

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

You're crazy!

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  23. TMS2787

Trusted

I wasn't at that show! I didn't become a fan until a bit after that tour. But at the time I had wished I would've been there for AVA and Head Automatica. I was out of town visiting my family though. Lol.

I understand what you mean though, expecting to hear one song and then they play another. I've been there.

Sigh, haha.

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

for sure. i've gotten plenty a beer spilled on me due to people who can't walk or handle themselves drunk in a crowd, but nothing annoys me more than constant talkers. not even the scene bros who still insist on showing up in their cutoff shirts or basketball jerseys and gym shorts and insist on getting that circle pit going during "timberwolves at new jersey".

MegT585 and TMS2787 like this.
  25. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Seeing them tonight. Haven't listened to as much as TBS as I have in the past few weeks since, well, ever probably. So excited.