Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Announces Island Adventure Fun Time Jamboree in Jamaica • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 24, 2017.

1. heymattrick

Sending my love

Why does everyone keep comparing the price of this to a regular vacation? This is a really more of a smaller scale music festival so I don't quite get the direct comparisons... I only say it because at least three people have mentioned it

2. zachmacD

Trusted

Because it appears no one cares about tbs enough to base their vacation around. Some people only go on one vacation a year if that and tbs isn't much of a selling point

domotime2 likes this.
  3. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I saw somewhere (maybe the TBS thread) that they are booking it through a promoter that did something similar with Hansen. If that's true and the Hansen resort/ show was successful enough that this guy is doing it again, I'm sure they will be fine

4. heymattrick

Sending my love

Fine, but I don't get why when a thread for someone like TBS pops up, people flock to it in numbers to be sure everyone knows how little they're interested... I can't imagine why anyone would feel comfortable expressing their interest at that point after 20 naysayers. This is clearly targeted towards diehard TBS fans, not casual fans. And we get it, this site likes Brand New and hates TBS.

thenewtypetheory and Raku like this.
  5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Is this where Seth Rogen and The Lonely Island are shooting their next movie

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

what? I'm sure that isn't the point most of us are trying to make. I think many people looked at the link because they were originally interested and curious, but when they saw the cost they flipped out. My whole idea was that $2000 is a lot to build around one band. Especially a band that tours frequently and you can see for $30.

I admit that I'm not very aware of the openers, and maybe they're a bigger deal than i know, but still, 2-3 bands? The cruises have 10+ and are half the price AND have cheaper flights cause they leave us domestic areas.

Haha i dont think this is a TBS thing (where did you get the impression that this site hates tbs by the way?)

DrAlanGrant and Vivatoto like this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I only brought it up because I saw another poster say they paid $7,000 for an all-inclusive, which I thought was insane so I compared what my trip to Jamaica cost when my wife and I did an all-inclusive last April. I actually don't have any problem with the TBS price at all. If you're going to take a vacation, an all-inclusive is definitely the way to go. I do think it's odd that airfare is not included (considering most all-inclusive include airfare) but that's just me. I'm guessing the airfare was not included because obviously, most people will be coming from different areas of the country/world and it'd be difficult to gauge an average airfare cost.

If anything, I think I was defending the price saying it was on par with the previous two all-inclusive vacations I have taken.

8. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I've been to all inclusives before but always paid for airfare separately. I must've been doing it wrong

9. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I really wish they had gotten an opener or a co-headliner on this that I liked so that I could justify it. It's a cool idea and I still love TBS but it's a hard sell for just them.

10. aniafc

Trusted

well then it would cost more

Raku likes this.
  11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Just reminds me of the loss of Hydrafest. I hope TBS's fans don't have to go through the same thing FOB fans did.

12. miltownrob

Regular Prestigious

i remember the drive-thru record days when the real cool guys would call bands they didn't like "sellouts." they probably couldn't imagine things like this. i wonder what they would even call this now.

Raku likes this.
  13. aniafc

Trusted

Probably "corporate scum" or something stupid

Raku likes this.
  14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Well this didn't last long...already cancelled. Least shocking thing ever.

15. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Grand Opening...Grand Closing. They should've done the Warped cruise instead.

16. aniafc

Trusted

Wow