Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Announces Island Adventure Fun Time Jamboree in Jamaica

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Taking Back Sunday have announced a destination concert series. The full press release can be found below.

TAKING BACK SUNDAY will be embarking on their first ever destination performance on January 4 through 8 at the Jewel Paradise Cover Resort in Runaway Bay, Jamaica. Over the five day, four-night adventure at the all-inclusive resort, fans will get a chance to experience an assortment of activities, which include 4 performances from Taking Back Sunday (3 electric and 1 acoustic), a meet and greet with the band, and even a night of karaoke with the whole band. Check out a complete list of packages and rates here: http://www.takingbacksunday.com/jamboree/
    “We’re very excited to be doing our first destination event, we’ve never done anything like this,” explains guitarist, John Nolan, who actually came up with the name for the event. “Doing it in a tropical location and being able to bring our families out will be great. We really hope that folks are excited about the idea as we are.”

In addition to Taking Back Sunday, friends/past tour mates Frank Iero and the Patience will be coming along for the ride with 4 performances (3 electric and 1 acoustic) and an intimate Q&A with Frank Iero offered for any vacationers who purchase a package.

Taking Back Sunday will be on the road later summer with openers Every Time I Die, in support of their seventh studio album Tidal Wave, which was released on September 16, 2016 through Hopeless Records. For a complete list of tour dates, go to the band’s website at http://www.takingbacksunday.com. The band is available for interviews upon request.

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Think I'd rather go to round one of Fyre Festival.

In all seriousness, this seems real gutsy. I like some of TBS' more recent stuff, and I know they have some seriously devoted bands, but an entire getaway based around seeing them and Frank Iero of all people as a lone opener is a tough sell when there's things like Parahoy or even Warped Rewind.

skogsraet and Bayside 182 like this.
  3. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

I don't think the other similar events are all-inclusive? This sounds real intimate and for the die hard fans. Seems great on paper.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  4. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

How many of these sets are TAYF?

Bayside 182 likes this.
  5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Ja Rule thinks this is a great idea.

6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

umm $1700 for Taking Back Sunday.... and those openers? really?

7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I believe it's just Frank.

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I think its $1700 for a hotel, drinks, food, resort amenities, etc....AND Taking Back Sunday.

9. domotime2

plus a $500-$600 flight. so you have to convince yourself and buds to plan a $2000 vacation around a taking back sunday extravaganza. idk, sounds like a tough sell.

10. aniafc

Trusted

$2000 for a trip to Jamaica doesn't seem too out of reach, I think. I'm not sure, I've never planned a trip there but overall $2,000 doesn't seem like that high of a price.

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

THe biggest problem is "all inclusive" trips usually include airfare, while this one doesn't.

As I said in the TBS thread, if me and my g/f had the money and wanted to take a tropical vacation, why the hell not?....of course, we don't have the money lol

12. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

My 6 day Jamaica trip to an all inclusive was about $7,000, before flights. It was for two of us, though. But yeah, I actually wasn't surprised by the price. If it was a band I liked I might consider it. If it was Andrew McMahon my friends and I would be all over it haha

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

$7,000??? Total for the two of you? My wife and I went on an all-inclusive (airfare included) in Jamaica last April for five days and ours was only like $1,700 per person. We went to Negril.

domotime2 likes this.
  14. domotime2

I guess I always try and travel on the cheap. I've done euro vacations that approach 2k....but usually that's the most I'll spend.

I'm just saying compared to some of the cruise shows...have been cheaper and/or have had a few bands to go with it.

15. domotime2

Wow what? Did you guys do 1st class and book the crystal fountain sweet or something. That's an expensive vacation my friend

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

We did another all-inclusive (airfare included) to Punta Cana and it was for 8-days and it was actually cheaper than our 5-day Jamaica trip. It was $1,300 per person. That said, we did have a discounted group rate (we went for a wedding), but still.

17. heymattrick

Sending my love

Honestly, I'd totally do something like this but timing wise I just don't think I can plan for it now. TBS is one of those bands I love all of their discography enough and I bet this would be a great opportunity to see a lot of it. I like Frank Iero too. I realize this can't be appealing to others the same way it is to me.

18. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Replace the words "taking back Sunday" with the words "brand new" and this thread would look a whole lot different.

19. Spenny

Regular

Sorry but this is ridiculously over-priced, even with what some of the previous posters in this thread have said. I've gone on 7 night getaways at all-inclusive resorts in Mexico that include flight for between $950 and $1100 all-in, at the same time of year. This would be well over $2000 for a 4 night trip, and that's IF I can find someone willing to pony up that much money for this to join me. Otherwise it would be probably about double that. Sucks cause I'm looking to book a trip around late December/early January, and I love TBS, but can't justify this.

domotime2 likes this.
  20. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Basically you get a great vacation for the price of having to spend it with Taking Back Sunday

21. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Got em

Okay see ya

Aaron Mook and Dan O'Neill like this.
  22. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

This is going to fail miserably.

23. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

We did Montego Bay. Went for one of the higher priced rooms, for location, view, alcohol, etc. it was also February vacation week so prices may have been higher because of it. Worth every penny though.

24. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Not that unreasonably priced honestly. Sounds like it could be a really fun trip. I don't like TBS enough to be enticed by this but if more bands from the scene were involved I'd be interested

25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I went to an all inclusive resort in Mexico that was p nice and flight included for 6 nights for ~$950. That's all I have to include

AlwaysEvolving21 and domotime2 like this.