Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Announce 20th Anniversary Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 10, 2018.

1. currytheword

Trusted

I was thinking the same thing. Kinda wonder how Nolan feels about it.

2. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m curious when we will find out which dates have what album. Im going to the Minneapolis date(s) but would rather see where you want to be over louder now. Or might say fuck it and go to both nights. Haha

3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

From what they're saying, you'll find out the first night when they start playing Louder Now or WYWTB

GrantCloud likes this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

It doesn't seem like we are going to know until they take the stage, so, if you want to see both or want to make sure you see one of them, you'll need to get both nights.

GrantCloud likes this.
  5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I guess I could always buy tickets for both, and if the album I want to see is the first night, just sell the second.

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Yeah, but is Antonio Longo part of this?

Daniel182 and Sean Murphy like this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Id imagine he has 0 feelings in it bc its not gonna happen

Brent likes this.
  8. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Yeah, as cool as it would be to see Fred on stage for the albums he was a part of, I can’t see it happening

9. currytheword

Trusted

No no, I should’ve typed a better response. My thought process and meaning was I wonder how Nolan feels playing and singing all of Fred’s parts for two full albums he wasn’t a part of on an entire tour. No part of me believes Fred will be stepping on stage with TBS again.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

haha, that makes more sense.

ive always wondered that myself, i know they play songs like Decade, MDS, Liar, etc. from the fred era, but I have to imagine there are a LOT of songs on WYWTB and LN that he's never had to play before that he now will, that are probably directly about him and not in a positive way.

i wonder if that was a conversation before this was all planned

currytheword likes this.
  11. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

It’s cool as hell of them to do this for fans. Personally I’d rather see a night where they play WYWTB and Louder Now back to back, but still this is great. I hope Adam lays off smoking and gets a vocal coach or something to help get him through this tour. I’m hoping whichever Starland show I go to has WYWTB played in full. I’d love to hear “Little Devotional” live.

Also, I doubt Fred would do a full tour with them, but I could see him maybe doing the Starland shows or the closing show of the whole thing.

currytheword likes this.
  12. Eclipse

Regular

i was actually curious of what they have and haven't played off those since reuniting and decided to look!

Off where you want to be: this photograph is proof has only been played once with the original lineup back in 2010, the union hasn't been since, New american classic hasn't but that wasn't played often before the reunion either, i am Fred Astaire has no documentation of being performed with any lineup (it could have happened im not looking that deeply, but its rare either way), little devotional is in the same boat as new american classic, and slowdance on the inside has been played a handful of times since the reunion but just on one run in 2013

Off Louder now: Up against hasn't been played since 2008 (and in my opinion thank god), Twenty-Twenty surgery got on a run in 2013, divine intervention got a spin in their semi-recent tour with every time i die, Miami hasn't been played since 2009 and was played rarely, and I'll let you live has only been played one time in documentation back in 2007

So, here's the songs him and Shaun haven't played at all from what i could find: the union, new american classic, fred astaire, little devotional, up against, miami, and i'll let you live

Also for what you said on how some of the songs are negatively about john and shaun, thats obviously true with songs like the union but they also regularly play other where you want to be about them or people very close to them. In addition john regularly performs at his solo shows songs that are solo and straylight run songs that are about tbs from when he wasn't in the band, and it hasn't seemed to be an issue.

Anyway that's the answer to the question that has only been asked rhetorically, since i had nothing else to do.

RobJGolde and Sean Murphy like this.
  13. RobJGolde

Can confirm: Twenty Twenty Surgery with John and Shaun sounds dope.

Essie and Bad Frequencies like this.
  14. RobJGolde

I do wonder though if they will bring a tourig guitarist on this run though considering the amount of material they need to cover, and needing to have someone on keys and still a 2nd guitar to keep everything sounding full.

15. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Their touring guitarist, Nathan, still plays with them and has moved up to Eddie's spot on stage. Are you wondering if they'll bring in another touring guitarist?

16. schackbr

Regular

I wondered the same. Nathan has been playing with them forever (even when Eddie was there) and previous to that Isaac (Fazzi's friend) was doing third guitarist duties on tour. So I wonder if they'd bring somebody else up.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I never understood the stage guitarist, none of their guitar parts are overly complicated and it just looks messy up there.

Brent likes this.
  18. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Same here. I think they sound fine with two guitars.

19. schackbr

Regular

i've seen them live upwards of 30 times-ish. the shows got better with Nathan and Isaac. they helped fill out a lot of the harmonies (singing wise)

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  20. RobJGolde

I think it makes sense for the sake of vocal harmonies or making sure the guitars still sound huge when a piano part comes in. Plus, some songs like “Faith” “All The Way” “Call Come Running” and BHAG all benefit from having a 3rd guitar. I do agree though, it can look a little clunky, especially on a smaller stage.