Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday – Tidal Wave • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 20, 2016.

1. schackbr

Regular

haha thanks man!

robb likes this.
  2. Saephon

Regular

Tidal Wave is the second-best record the original lineup of Taking Back Sunday have put out.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  3. jco3

Regular

Yup, really enjoy the artwork, too. Great album.

4. efp722

Regular

true statement

5. NotBruce

Regular

I'm fine with the album, overall. Adam's vocals on Holy Water cause me physical pain, though.

Chase Tremaine and therookielot like this.
  6. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Your avatar is on point. Love Pineapple Pizza

NotBruce likes this.
  7. NotBruce

Regular

There are dozens of us.

8. Good review Zac.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  10. Yep. Easily my least favorite song.

NotBruce likes this.
  11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Fuck, Homecoming is good.

12. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I wish I liked this album even a little bit.

13. Leftandleaving

I wish you did too. Have you liked any of their post louder now stuff?

14. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

My ranking for TBS albums would probably be WYWTB, TAYF, LN, TBS, HI, NA (might reverse HI/NA), TW. So, I mean I would say yes. I mean admittedly I haven't listened to HI or TBS (album) too much, but they have some great songs (about half of each album is solid). Even NA has some solid songs (Capital, Summer, Mouth, Everything).

Adam's voice doesn't work with this more rock 'n roll Americana type vibe at all for me - in fact, this may be my least the worst vocal TBS album for me. I've listened 3 so far and none of the songs have been memorable to me - other than You Can't Look Back.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  15. Leftandleaving

We actually have super similar rankings, haha. Obviously I disagree, but I'll never say I don't understand a complaint about Adams voice ha. Sorry you didn't like it, man, at least you have it a fair shot

16. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I'm planning to listen a few more times at least. I've never had much of an issue with his voice - even live - except with this style of music really. Meanwhile the new Touche Amore is AOTY material.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  17. Leftandleaving

New Touche is so so good. It blows all their other stuff out of the water, and I love ISB and PTS

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I like this album, it does sound like an Americana influenced version of their old songs at times. As for the artwork - I liked this one, and the one for "Happiness Is" a lot actually. Their S/T had one of the ugliest album covers I've seen in a long time though ;d and it's my least liked album at the same time I guess.

19. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Favourites for me are Can't Look Back, All Access, Fences, Call Come Running, and Homecoming. Homecoming being my favourite.

I love Adam's voice on this. Prefer this style to older stuff, but they're both good.

20. matthewroberthaag

It took a few play-throughs to fully grasp it, but I love it. Happiness Is... was really good, but I enjoy this album even more. "I Felt It Too" is easily my favorite, one of my favorite TBS songs to date.

21. dp619

Regular Supporter

^^^ 100% agree - tracks 1-6 feel like act 1, and then the rest feels like act 2. Songs flow together so well. Thoroughly enjoy listening to this front to back, vs. jumping around or listening on random.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Seeing all the positive reactions this album has been receiving makes me happy.

23. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

How is the vinyl split on this?

24. Reese's Pieces

It's 45 rpm with 3 songs on each side. It actually sounds much better than I thought it would. Especially compared to their other vinyl releases that sounded sub par in my opinion. I recommend picking it up!

25. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

Track 7, Call Come Running is my favorite off the album....

Daniel182 likes this.