Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday – Taking Back Sunday • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 12, 2021.

1. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

Happiness is is one of their best. ST was good

koryoreo likes this.
  2. Collins

Trusted

Not my favorite of theirs but This Is All Now, Best Places, and Call Me In The Morning are all timers for sure. WYWTB will always be number 1 for me.

fredwordsmith and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Yeah some bangers but not legendary.

4. xburningcoffin

KC

I really love This Is All Now, except for that line. It still just doesn't make the song any better, theres so many great things going on and that one line brings the whole song down. John sounds fantastic in this one, possibly his best vocal contribution since rejoining.Listening back to the whole album, I enjoyed it much more than I did when it first came out. I've also continued listening to a handful since the release but skipped a bunch usually. I find myself revisiting the newer albums much more than Louder Now, probably because I didn't wear them out as much as I did that album.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  5. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

new again stans UNITE

yeah, I’m on the this album is their worst bandwagon. Well written review, but completely disagree

mattylikesfilms and paythetab like this.
  6. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Haha no hard feelings at all! Glad we got the "album ranking" chat going!

7. mattylikesfilms Jul 14, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2021)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

*internet high five*

New Again >>>>>>>

alexmacwilliam likes this.
  8. LightsOut

Regular

Which line?

9. xburningcoffin

KC

Christ hitting a child…what other line is even close to that bad? That’s a dumb metaphor, it’s a fact

LightsOut likes this.
  10. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

I mean, could you imagine it tho?

Anyway, i see your lyric and i raise you “i was a tower, you were an airplane”

11. xburningcoffin

KC

lol, their lyrics aren’t mind blowing but no line is as idiotic as imagining Jesus hitting a child. Who’s mind even goes there let alone thinks that sounds like a clever enough thing to release? I can’t imagine something so stupid, guess I’ll go back to coloring.

12. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

100% agree. I wrote a fan review of WYWTB on AP.NET back in the day, and the forum turned into the Fight Club sequel.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  13. brothemighty

Trusted

How has it been ten years :(

Mr. Serotonin likes this.