Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday – “You Can’t Look Back” • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Jim

Trusted Supporter

yep, the UI was so, so good. The UI on Apple Music I can't stomach and deal with Spotify as a lesser of two evils if you will.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  2. SayHello

Regular

This song is seriously excellent, and I think the video is about internal pain or heartbreak that others can't see - that's being visualized through the blood but others not noticing.

goation and jco3 like this.
  3. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I feel like part of the issue is that when most bands release stuff, the threads are filled with fans talking about the music. If someone isn't a fan of that band, they just don't say anything.

TBS draws a whole other set of people. For whatever reason, people who haven't liked a TBS song since WYWTB still show up to say how bad the band is. Which is fine, but definitely skews things. I think that for most TBS fans, these new songs are different, but are welcome. But for the people who didn't like NA/ST/Happiness, it's just more of the same band they don't like. People are literally saying 'not a fan of the band' or 'this band has bored me since Louder Now' and then proceeding to rip the song. If people aren't a fan of the band (or haven't been in a decade), I'm not sure what they expect from new music.

Carmensaopaulo, goation and ChaseTx like this.
  4. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Ive always enjoyed the hell out of this site but the TBS hate-boner is so obnoxious.

5. Cammiecoke

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it. The tone the criticism takes from people is so over the top.

I really love song and excited for the record's release.

slimfenix182 and goation like this.
  6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I think part of it is just how much drama has always surrounded the band and people let that affect how they view the music. I've only been following them since 2011 but I can see how if every time you hear about then it's something negative that could taint your opinion of them if you're not already a fan.

7. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Adam Lazzara calling AP.net a tabloid didn't really help his appeal levels in that area either.

Carmensaopaulo and ChaseTx like this.
  8. shawnhyphenray

Regular

The beginning was blah, but the mid through the end was amazing. Maybe my favorite of the three I've heard so far.

9. shawnhyphenray

Regular

IDK if anyone posted yet but the music video

10. goation

Regular

Taking Back Sunday hasn't made a strictly emo record since 2004. Why do people expect them to change their sound back to it after 12 years? People who think this is a ripoff are morons.

They have progressed with every release. This sound is not a drastic change at all (unless you haven't listened to their music in a damn decade). Happiness Is is a fantastic record and I have high hopes for this one too.

I loved Tidal Wave. I have 28 plays on it in my Apple Music. The lyrics especially resonated with me. I can't wait for this release.

Contender likes this.
  11. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

Yeah, as a long-time TBS fan...idk....this just does nothing for me. Any band could've put this out.

12. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

You've heard three? What's this third business?

13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Probably Holy Water, the song they have been playing live lately.

14. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I love Taking Back Sunday, wasn't a fan of the first song they released off of Tidal Wave but I like this song!

15. shawnhyphenray

Regular

They performed "Holy Water" throughout their last tour.

16. zachmacD Aug 24, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2016)
    zachmacD

Trusted

New Again was so solid. Everything must go, carpathia, and summer man are some of my favorite Tbs songs. Personally, my opinion of TBS dropped after the way they handled firing Rubano and Fazzi just to stay relevant then released a subpar album.

mattylikesfilms and Daniel182 like this.