Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday – “You Can’t Look Back” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 23, 2016.

1. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

this is solid haha, sounds like theyr having fun man

going to love this album

ChaseTx likes this.
  2. dumpweed41

Most of the streaming sites I think. It's definitely up on Google Music as well.

3. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I actually dig TBS v3.0 more so than other versions (or would this be considered 4.0)? The phony emo tragedy lyrics of their earlier work doesn't really work for me anymore now that I'm approaching my mid-30's.

bptky likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Pretty indifferent to the band at this point. Last record I truly loved was New Again and it's delusional to think this band will ever go back to that sound. They tried to make a radio rock record with their S/T and that was bad so this Tom Petty Americana type sound is probably what suits them best at this point in their lives (and line up).

zachmacD likes this.
  5. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

I've never been less interested in an upcoming release from TBS.

6. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Both new songs are OK, I'll see how they work with the whole flow of the album...

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

i didn't like the first song. probably won't be listening to this one.

8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I really can't believe the hate this is getting. This song is great. I guess you either like modern era TBS or you don't, not a lot of inbetween.

9. colours

Really enjoyed it - obviously a bit of a shift in style, but I'm really digging the raw production of it and overall energy; I see it translating well to their live show, as well.

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I really need to just get Apple Music already, will have to check this out when it's available somewhere else.

11. schackbr

Regular

it's on spotify as well

12. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I feel like there's always been quite a bit of diversity on post LN TBS records. And I feel like that diversity has literally never been well received.

Also I feel like every TBS thread follows the same pattern anywhere I look online. And this thread is basically that pattern (extreme negative comments as to how the band has never been good, or at least hasn't been good in a decade, other people reluctantly admitting to liking the band, but only after a fair level of criticism).

The first two songs released are solid, in my opinion. I'll give the record a chance and we'll see if it's more than that. But I've yet to dislike a TBS release, and they generally end up growing on me with multiple listens, so hopefully this is no different.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  13. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

It's available on Spotify...

14. aniafc

Trusted

I like both songs released, but I agree this track is better than the first. TBS would get hate no matter what style they chose, but I'm glad they're moving forward.

goation likes this.
  15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I guess I should have clarified, I need to sign up for ANY streaming service haha. I used Rdio, and I haven't picked up anything new since they went under.

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This band has slowly drifted from amazing into complete and utter mediocrity.

17. aniafc

Trusted

What was their last amazing record to you?

Not trying to be condescending, just trying to see your favorite TBS-era!

18. jco3

Regular

You listen to Happiness Is...? I really dug that record, personally.

19. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Yup.

20. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Into it.

21. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I stopped listening after the ninety-sixth "can't go back".

Carmensaopaulo and Jason Tate like this.
  22. Stevie

Regular

2/2 for me. I like that each song has not been what I was expecting so far and I think the songwriting is solid on both.

ChaseTx likes this.
  23. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

This exactly. The music/lyrics worked then, when life was a bit more chaotic. I appreciate being able to grow up with this band. I'm 28 and a Dad of three, I'd much rather hear this than listen to them recreate TAYF.

Kingjohn_654 and ChaseTx like this.
  24. doubledribble

Regular

I'm not feeling it. I definitely hear the Tom Petty in this, but if I want to listen to Tom Petty, then i'll just put on some Tom Petty.

25. aniafc

Trusted

And if you wanted to listen to old TBS, you could put on old TBS.

It can go either way for fans whenever a band shifts in sound.