Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday – “You Can’t Look Back” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

That video didn't make a lot of sense

3. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

that was awsome wow

4. For the first time, Taking Back Sunday might be a band I can really fall in love with. These new songs are really capturing me.

5. AshlandATeam

Trusted

First of all, I love this song, and while the video made no sense, I definitely liked it for reasons I can't explain.

Second, while watching this, something hit me. I was 18 when TAYF came out; I'm 32 now. I have literally gone from being a teenager to an adult parallel to the career of TBS. And there are a lot of similarities between me being an adult and their discography. There are some real highs! And there are some real lows. And our early adult/late teen years are looked back with probably too much fondness, while the subsequent journey has probably been looked at with too much pessimism. At the end of the day, though, the band isn't perfect, but they can be proud of their body of work, even with the clunkers here and there. And I'd like to think I could say the same thing about my last 14 years as well - I've done and said a lot of stupid shit, but hopefully I can be proud overall, and there's hope for the future.

That might all sound dumb, but it makes sense to me. I don't know that there's another band that I've grown with - for better or worse -more than TBS. And I'll always be happy for new tunes from them.

6. Kal El

The sidewalks are watching me think about you.

As a pretty indifferent TBS listener - the video was fine and I'm actually kinda loving the song after a couple of listens.

7. Joseph Pepe

Song is amazing and video is killer, open to interpretation but I like it a lot.

8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I can totally relate to this. And, its almost like all of their lineup changes go hand in hand with the different girlfriends Ive had over those years haha

9. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Wonder if he apologized to all those people for bleeding on their shirts.

10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

/thread

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  11. jco3

Regular

Unless this is all just on my side, the audio on the youtube video is in mono. The spotify version is full stereo and sounds immaculate. The Youtube video's sound quality suffers greatly. In short, If anyone from Hopeless records is reading this, the youtube vid's audio is messed up. Again, maybe it's just my connection or something, I doubt it, but that could be the case.

12. heymattrick

Sending my love

Don't have that problem here...

13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This is a killer, killer track. Wow. One of the best songs they've written since reuniting with John and Shaun, in my opinion. So impressed by this.

oldboot and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  14. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Video seemed aimless at first but packed a punch by the end. It reminds me of the times I have an intense swell of emotion about a person in my past I thought I'd left behind and have to remove myself from the situation I'm in because I almost feel sick. It's happened over the years nights out on the town, at parties, in class, at work. The past never lets you go and sometimes come back with a vengeance? That's the best I've got for an interpretation.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  15. jco3

Regular

Hmmm. That's really weird. I don't know why it's happening on my end then.

16. chickenlover

Said I'm okay, but I know how to lie.

All Time Low - Something's Gotta Give
    Cartel - Sympathy
    Against the Current - Gravity

17. shawnhyphenray

Regular

The beginning was blah, but the mid through the end was amazing. Maybe my favorite of the three I've heard so far.

18. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I'm liking this new style quite a lot.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  19. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

really like the song a lot, more than the last which i thought was also quite good.

20. noKings

Regular

lol what

21. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

Didn't know what to expect, but I actually enjoyed the song.

22. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Everybody here likes the song, and in the one thread before about the single nearly everyone hated it haha ;D I didn't have any good expectations because of that, and it overpassed it by far, I liked it. The video had an interesting idea, but I think it went a bit over board.

hongfong00 likes this.
  23. Punk Out

Boys of Summer

24. xburningcoffin

KC

Out of all of their songs, this is the one most people like? It's pretty surprising, I love the end of the song so much!!

25. oldboot

Regular

I came to this thread to commend someone who said this. Couldn't agree more, this is an awesome track! Feels like a bridge between TBS past, present and future.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.