Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday – “Tidal Wave” (Video) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Mikey Strawz

You're a classic, like a little black dress. Prestigious

Taking Back Gaslight... I agree it sounds like a Gaslight Song, but it's not that bad. The only bad part is that it does not sound like a TBS song.

2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I think this suits Adam and John's voices a lot better than what they were doing before and I'm excited to hear the rest of the album.

3. heavyd

I think the song is rad. Total Ramones vibe. Straight forward. Can't wait to see them play it tomorrow. The video enhances the song as well.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Got nervous at the comments in here, but I really like this song.. I'm impressed. They keep getting better and better with each release since John and Shaun rejoined.

To me, S/T just wasn't good, Happiness Is was a very good album, and I'm liking this song more than most of Happiness Is (Beat Up Car, They Don't Have Any Friends, and Better Homes and Gardens are some of their best imo).

EDIT

Better than blink's latest "No Future" and Brand New's latest "I Am A Nightmare" by far, anyways.

5. Taylor Harpster

I saw them last Sunday in Philly and was away from the stage grabbing a beer when they played this song, and I legit thought they were covering that song. So so similar.

alexmacwilliam likes this.
  6. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

Let's not spread nonsense here.

7. RyanPm40

We're both big fans, but within 1 minute of the new Brand New song, my girlfriend said "I really don't even want to listen to this song ever again" and I kind of agree. I just can't stand overly simple hammer ons as a main riff, much like Taking Back Sunday's "Capital M-E".

No Future... same. Idk. I really liked Rabbit Hole and Bored to Death, but I just cringe at the lyrics and nothing really jumps out and grabs me in that song. There just isn't a hook there that stands out to me.

8. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

It saddens me that Yellowcard is breaking up and Taking Back Sunday remains.

fenway89 likes this.
  9. RyanPm40

I have apparently been living in a hole and had no idea about this. That really depresses me. I've been listening to Lights and Sounds and Paper Walls nonstop over the past few weeks.

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

pretty bad

11. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

This reminds me of Brand New releasing I Am A Nightmare in all the worst ways.

12. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

So they're a political/punk band now?

13. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

When did Adam develop a southern accent? Song isn't bad. I'll probably check out the album.

14. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

My gf doesn't like the "new brand new"... Aka Daisy and TDAGARIM , but she liked the new songs more. I am perplexed... I personally like them all.

This song is fun, but yeah... Use to hearing typical TBS hooks and such.. So that's what threw me off

15. franklin4president

1:07 he sounds like Brandon Flowers doing his best Springsteen impression a la "Sam's Town". I guess that's what they mean by the Americana influence...

16. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Well... He lives in the south sooo

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

This is one of the worst songs that I've heard in recent memory and I wish I didn't feel that way.

fenway89 likes this.
  18. franklin4president

Yeah and Madonna has a British accent because she lives in England ;)

fenway89 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  19. RyanPm40

I've wondered if Adam was a little embarrassed and tried to hide it in the beginning. I'm not totally sure why (I love southern accents), but I've met a few people who moved up here and purposely changed theirs. I guess some people/assholes really give others a hard time about it...

(Also, he's from the south originally; he didn't just move there randomly)

20. RyanPm40

Yeah I definitely feel the same way as you for all things Brand New, just not their most recent song sadly :P. For awhile, my gf really only liked Deja, but I'm very proud to have gotten her obsessed with TDAG and Daisy haha. I was shocked she didn't listen to their "heavier" stuff... she's obsessed into death metal and stuff like TDWP and Vanna, so even loving Deja sounds like more of a leap to me heh.

I can see how that threw you off- I wouldn't say it's their best song by any means, I did find myself kind of drifting off at times, but I still really enjoy it.

21. thegreatbenbino

Gotta admit, I don't know too much about his personal life other than that he grew up in NY.

Guess accents rub off on you quick down south.

22. RyanPm40

He actually grew up in NC. Dropped everything and moved to NY to join TBS :)

23. thegreatbenbino

Yeah, I am apparently a TBS moron haha I know nothing and will now go back to my hole.

24. DarjoHabal

Love this song

25. ARo24

Regular

I had to double check they were both about the same song haha. TBS threads are always night and day.