Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday – “Death Wolf” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 12, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think this song is just fine, and I enjoy it. But man, feels VERY overhyped. For me, it's my least favorite out of the three that have been released so far. I'm sure it'll grow on me.

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

really dont get the hype this song had before it got released, its just standard new school tbs fare

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i cant really put my finger on why nothing since wywtb has resonated with me either. something about all the subsequent albums, especially starting with new again just feels.....poorly executed. or boring. or something. i just dont like any of it for some reason and im not sure why.

Dave and Ryan Gardner like this.
  4. Dave

Beneath the Sky

I feel the same way. WYWTB is one of my favorite albums of all time, but I've had a hard time getting into anything since Louder Now. I think part of it may have to do where I was in my life when those albums came out. Sometimes albums arrive at the perfect time. However, it might be worth giving Happiness Is another spin. It really grew on me over time. I would especially try Flicker, Fade & Better Homes and Gardens.

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i actually dont mind either of those songs but couldnt get into the rest of the record. and oddly enough i think by far the best song they've written since wywtb and maybe ever is "everything must go," though the rest of new again is pretty disposable to me.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. danielalee12

Regular

video reminds me of Super American Congratulations.

song is pretty awesome! Probably my favorite of all released so far

7. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

It's alright! Was hoping for a little bit more of a vocal hook on that chorus.

NewSurrender likes this.
  8. Dave

Beneath the Sky

I'll have to go back and listen to that track. Sink Into Me is all I really remember about that album.

latortuga and stillbrazy like this.
  9. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I think I'm one of 8 people on the planet who has legitimately enjoyed every TBS release. Some have been better than others, but they're all some level of good. And I still listen to all six albums regularly.

Honestly, I don't know many bands that are as consistent for me. Which seems like I'm unlike 99% of other people who listen to them.

BTDandFeelingThis and goation like this.
  10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i'm similar. i might think the gap between best and worst is bigger than you do but i think the general consistency is remarkable.

11. sukottokairu

Regular

this one is great, i hated the first single and it ruined my expectations for the album, so glad to hear this one. they definitely would have been better off releasing this one or the 2nd one first, and kept that first song hidden away for a while... it was a "fun" song but so mediocre. this however is more what i was looking for, and at the very least all 3 singles have been very different so it's looking like we will have a lot of variety on this album!

"happiness is" is a great album, id rank it 2nd best behind WYWTB. hoping that this one can match it overall!

12. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

2/8 and part of that 1% right here.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

#13 all day.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  14. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I'm a #12 guy myself. But if you like hot subs, try to #99 or 97 (99 is steak, 97 is chicken). Super good.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

#12 is my second favorite, no joke. So damn good, like everything there.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  16. aniafc

Trusted

There's no other song like it on the record.

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Damnit. There goes any excitement I briefly had.

18. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

okay it grew on me.

19. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

This is better than anything off of both the self-titled record and Happiness Is, stunning track. Personally, I'm really enjoying this route they've taken with their new material, and I'm really excited for Tidal Wave.

ConArdist likes this.
  20. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Just realized...as many hundreds of hours as I've spent listening to TBS w/ my friends and alone, and buying their albums and headbanging along, I've never really been THAT into them. Not like my obsession w/ Underoath or AFI. Something's always been lacking. On a separate note Aaron Gillespie said that he thinks Louder Now will be THE album most remembered from this scene. That made me laugh. ;-)

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  21. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I still don't know what Happiness Is was. I don't get it.

22. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Yeppers.

23. schackbr

Regular

in a good or bad way?

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

MILES better than Self-Titled and also better than New Again, in my opinion. I thought Happiness Is was an incredibly strong record.

25. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

10/10 would have preordered had this been the first single from the record