Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday – “Death Wolf”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. this is truly one of my five favorite TBS songs of all time

3. Eml182

Regular

How they did not release this song first is beyond me - hype would have been through the roof.

4. schackbr

Regular

songs great.

5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely my favorite of the ones released so far.

6. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Well given these reactions I cannot wait to give this a listen

CMilliken likes this.
  7. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Songs rips. Really happy with where these guys are headed.

8. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Seriously great video, I laughed so hard.

9. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

yeah this is good. best one of the bunch by far.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I actually liked the last song better, haha. Still not bad though.

11. I was just about to comment that I remembered reading on Twitter that this was either your favorite song on the album or TBS' best opener ever. At this point, I'm so sold on the album that I'm down to just wait to hear this in context.

12. Bob Loblaw

Wubbalubbadubdub

3/3 on the songs so far to me. I really enjoyed Happiness Is... and am really looking forward to this record as it seems to be even way better than that one is, if these 3 songs speak for the album as a whole. Also really looking forward to their club tour this fall.

13. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

3 out of 3. This album is going to be awesome.

14. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

This is the only one I've listened to so far off the album and dammit I like it. I may have set my expectations too low or something, but that was def really good. Lyric video is a cool simple idea.

15. AshlandATeam

Trusted

This is all I've ever wanted in a Taking Back Sunday song. And frankly, the video was mesmerizing - I now really, really want a sandwich.

16. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I've never been a TBS fan, and this song sounds okay - nothing I would get hyped about. But I genuinely enjoyed that video. When I saw "Lyric VIdeo" I was just like... oh god. But that really was a cool video. Seeing that Ford Bronco also brought back memories to my high school - I was stupid enough to trade mine in for a Mustang which took only about a year for me to regret. I wonder where that Bronco is now...

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Holy shit... modern day TBS made a banger??

I knew they could do it. This sounds like a fully realized song. The same can't be said of their other songs on S/T and Happiness Is... minus a couple gems here and there.

I don't know why it took three albums to do it but if there's songs in this vein on the record then we are in for a treat!

Bryan Diem likes this.
  18. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Really cool song. Loved the 2nd one they released too.

19. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

this song is terrific. I adored Happiness Is but this sounds like a great follow up

20. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I like it on first listen. All 3 songs are pretty distinct, since these are the first 3 tracks on the album that is a good sign.

21. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I prefer Tidal Wave to this track, was still a good song

Davjs likes this.
  22. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

very "meh", but that's what i've felt about pretty much everything this band has ever done.

ConArdist likes this.
  23. goation

Regular

Argh. I'm torn. I want to listen so bad but I have already put so many plays on the other two singles. I don't want the first 25% of the album already played a whole bunch when I get the album. I think I will try to hold out as long as possible.

24. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I don't know ... I want to like this song and this generation of the band. I love TAYF and WYWTB (my favorite TBS album) and really like most of LN - but I just haven't enjoyed any of the albums since. This just isn't very good to me for some reason?

Michael Schmidt and Dave like this.
  25. AshlandATeam

Trusted

This song changed my night. After watching it, the wife asked, 'where do you want to get dinner?' and without hesitation, I said 'Jersey Mike's,' because all I wanted was a sandwich.