Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday – “Call Come Running” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I'm surprised this song hasn't become a big hit

js977 likes this.
  3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Great song and like the video. Read somewhere that that's his real life dad and his actual family at the end.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Yes!

5. aniafc

Trusted

It sure is

6. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

On a vaguely related note, does anyone know if it's Adam's kid at the end of the song singing along? Or one of the other band members? I've wondered since the album was released haha

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. Woohoo!

Regular

I finally got around to checking out Tidal Wave. It's my favorite TBS album since Louder Now. Very solid throughout.

8. Joseph Pepe

So many of my buds in this video, makes me happy! One of my favorites from this album.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I could be wrong but I believe it's Johns son

10. jco3 Feb 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 7, 2017)
    jco3

Regular

I Really like the bass line at 2:21. Great song.

11. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

It's my favorite off the album. Great song!

12. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I totally forgot they released this album... too many other records came out around the same time I guess...

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's John's son. Adam or John told the story that each of them had the record months in advance and played it often in front of their families and one night John overheard his son singing Call Came Running while in bed so John recorded it outside his son's bedroom and they put it on the album.

14. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I continue to love this band as much at 32 as I did when I was 19. This record is fantastic.

15. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I'm know it's either his or John's kid. I vaguely remember reading an interview where they said his son had listened to the demos a bunch, and he was singing that song while laying in his bed going to sleep. One of them recorded it through the door on their phone and then they ended up using it on the record.

16. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Humble brag

17. Joseph Pepe

Brag? I'm not even in the video. I like to see my friends succeeding. Wouldn't that be the opposite?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.