Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday’s ‘Tidal Wave’ Details • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 27, 2016.

1. jco3

Regular

Alright, the first line is:

So, what's gonna happen when the Old Man goes?
    Will you embrace chaos, or take control?

There was a bit of confusion about that line, and I'm 99.9% sure it's 'embrace chaos.'

2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Bad song, cool cover, still excited for the album, I hope it continues to build off Happiness Is since that's a good direction for them with this lineup

3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

it's not bad but there are bands who have been doing this kind of Ramones-y punk sound for their whole career and have it nailed down. I'd rather just go listen to Against Me

4. klaszlogt

Anyone else notice this song has the same melody as "Rudy can't fail" by the clash?

5. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

Only El Paso and This Is All Now get play from the S/T still for me. And I was not a fan of Happiness Is at all...

That being said, if this quasi-punk throwback is the sound they go to for the new album I can get 100% behind it.

6. WetwithSharp Jun 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 28, 2016)
    WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

It's taken me a little bit to process how I feel, and I think you're close to how I feel. Like....this track is alright....but why make it? It's uninspired. It's just a rehash of a song that a million other bands have already done, and it doesn't even try to hide that.

7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah, if you're going to write a punk song, like this is the absolute simplest way to do it. It's really doing nothing for me.

8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Really dig this! It sucks everyone finds a reason to pick apart everything they release. Brand New changed their sound in a sense between albums and TBS never really took that leap. Glad to see them going for something different this time around.

9. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

So does Hate Everyone by Say Anything

10. How the two are even comparable is beyond me

11. Jakob Allen

Trusted

I knew I wasnt alone in thinking this, didnt go back through previous pages but Im sure others are saying it too.

12. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

There will always be at least one who has to bring up BN in a TBS news release / thread.

13. I get that the bands had a very tangible connection in their early days but we're so far past that and the bands have gone in such opposite directions that the comparison is weird to me now

14. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

At first I thought he asks: "Will you call for pizza or join the war."

It took me a minute to realize he must be saying "will you call for peace or join the war."

Hagysaurus likes this.
  15. dangerstepp

I'm certainly thrown for a loop... I certainly don't hate it I'm just not sure what to think--I kinda like it?

I'm very curious and excited about what the rest of the album will sound like. TBS have always been a solid go-to for me; they can do no wrong in my eyes--they get a G pass on whatever.

16. klaszlogt

Jeepers I never heard that.

17. SayHello

Regular

I don't hate it, I think it's a pretty good song, it's just that I like the new TBS one more!

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  18. SayHello

Regular

They're not really, it was more or less a joke.

19. Raj710

Its so good I keep listening to it lol. Sounds like a mix of Ramones and Gaslight.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  20. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah, i like this. Only complaint is that it's only like 2:20. Wish it hit the 3 minute mark

21. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I mean, they are different sounds, but they're still rock musicians with a pretty large overlap of fans. I personally will compare any music that I enjoy- I don't care how different they sound, I care about how they make me feel and react.

Hell, I have no problem saying something like enjoying the latest Childish Gambino song over some Blink song.

22. Eric

Regular

Eh I don't think there's any reason it needs to be longer. I think it's great as a short song

23. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Well, i want it to be longer so i don't have to click "repeat" every time :crylaugh:

Eric likes this.
  24. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Honestly I think it's too long. A little too samey imo

25. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

This song is fantastic!!

AshlandATeam likes this.