Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tacos or Burritos?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by angrycandy, Oct 6, 2019.

?

Tacos or burritos?

Poll closed Oct 11, 2019.
  1. Tacos

34.4%
  2. Burritos

65.6%
  1. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Which is better? Tacos or burritos?

2. SuperCoolFool

I have to tell you something....I eat lightbulbs

Who TF would ever choose tavo

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  3. angrycandy

some people contend they're better :shrug:

SpookinCups likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

If you choose tacos do you hate rice and beans

5. SuperCoolFool

If you choose taco do you hate yourself

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  6. angrycandy

tacos includes both hard and soft shell, of course

7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Tacos are always good but they have a peak. Burritos have infinite potential.

8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

tacos are an art of minimalism. burritos just shove shit together and hope it masks any failures.

dadbolt, Ken and SuperCoolFool like this.
  9. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Depending on how they’re made, hard shell tacos can be messier to eat then a burrito. But if someone overstuffed a burrito then it can spill all over the place, which is also a bummer.

So I can’t vote over the other because both are delicious and amazing and great.

10. Dog with a Blog

You could put a taco inside a burrito if you really wanted to.

burrito >

coleslawed likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I can never tell whether to eat 2 or 3 tacos which makes me anxious

12. marsupial jones

The answer is always 3 (or more)

13. SuperCoolFool

But at least with an over stuffed burrito you can catch it before it spills and use the wrapping to hold it all together

14. marsupial jones

Potentially. I was thinking of when I eat at work and try to type with one hand and eat with the other and find out at the end that I need to change my shirt lol

SuperCoolFool likes this.
  15. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

ive held this opinion for the majority of my life and that is that the burrito is the second best thing to be popularized from colonialism next to ipa's. the spanish colonizers in florida were apparently such dumb fucks they forgot to bring forks w them so they used tortillas to eat their rice and beans instead. ofc my teachers incorrectly taught me that was how the burrito/taco was invented, central american indigenous ppl had been eating tortillas since long before. besides no way ppl who forget to bring forks could invent something so great lol.

turns out a tortilla instantly makes even a bland garden salad somewhat exciting. wrap it like a burrito and u greatly reduce the mess u would get from a taco. knowing how to properly wrap a burrito is an essential life skill imo if u dont know how u should probably resent ur parents.

SuperCoolFool likes this.
  16. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Tacos, by far

Ken likes this.
  17. SuperCoolFool

Wraps are just what white people call burritos

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I only voted tacos because you can get a bunch of different tacos and experience multiple flavor profiles in one meal. With a burrito, you have to commit to one thing.

That being said, I order a burrito over tacos 100% of the time at Chipotle, Freebirds, Qdoba, Moe's, etc... At a taqueria, tacos win out 95% of the time.

Maybe I should rethink my vote.

coleslawed and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Tacos are so much better. Ensenada style fish tacos are perfection.

20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Me

No, they're fine.

If you choose burritos, do you have any credibility at all?

Burritos have a peak too and it's lower than tacos. Can't put fried fish in a burrito and have it be any good.

Yep. Tacos are about putting the perfect few ingredients together. Much harder to do and the flavors can be more pronounced. I guess tacos are for people who enjoy bolder flavors and textures.

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Whether or not a burrito should have rice and beans in it at all is actually a subject of debate in some areas

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  22. Anthony_

This is an incredibly difficult decision. These are pretty evenly matched for me. I think my answer would change depending on the day. On the one hand, one of my favorite dishes in the entire world is tacos al pastor. On the other hand, you have the California and Mission burritos. I don't know, this is hard.

Ken likes this.
  23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

do the right thing, vote for tacos

Anthony_ likes this.
  24. Anthony_

I will tentatively vote for tacos for now but I'm going to have to think on this for a while and may change it at some point in the future.

GrantCloud and Ken like this.
  25. TheTrove

The Trove

Tacos. Actually no, burritos. Ahhhh I can't decide. Maybe both? Can I have both? No actually, tacos.