Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taco Bell • Page 77

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by FTank, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Boooo

I think BK is still at the bottom of my fry list. Top five would probably be:

Checkers
    Shake Shack
    Taco Bell
    White Castle
    Arbys

Ken likes this.
  2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

If you had a blind taste test of freshly cooked fries, I bet you'd rank BK above taco bell!

Larry David likes this.
  3. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

wut

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  4. Anthony_

I don't think so haha I'd recognize them immediately. They're not awful, just not very good either.

Ken likes this.
  5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I still haven't tried the fries yet, but was thinking about this. I LOVE the fiesta potato bowl, and I'm typically not a big fry guy (although I do LOVE fries with cheese sauce). So I do still plan on trying the fries, but I don't think they'd become a staple to my order, as the fiesta potato bowl is.

Ken likes this.
  6. Anthony_

Also, I like the seasoning on the TB fries. Seasoning and crunchiness go a long way for me, which is why I have Checkers at #1 and why Arby's is on my list at all haha.

Anthony Brooks and Larry David like this.
  7. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

The fiesta potato bowl is 100% better. The potatoes aren't sweet like the fries are and they retain some crispness after sitting in a sealed container, while the fries turn to mush. I love cheese fries, absolutely love them. But these are at the bottom of my list. The initial excitement definitely made me overrate them.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Ever have fries from Rally's?

9. Anthony_

Rally's and Checkers are the same, like Carl's Jr. and Hardee's. We only have Checkers in Jersey! So, yes I have but from Checkers haha

Ken likes this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

You just blew my mind. I've never even heard of Checkers, yet have had Rally's several times. They sell bags of Rallys fries at my grocery store, so often times, I'll just buy the bag and cook my own since there's no Rally's within like, 25 minutes of me.

Ken likes this.
  11. Anthony_

Yeah they sell those at Walmart and stuff here. I thought the bags said Checkers and Rally's on them, but I could be wrong. That's crazy if the bags by you only say Rally's haha. Like they're hiding something.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Maybe they do say Checkers and I just never realized it.

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Don't trust the fry opinions of @Ken

Ken likes this.
  14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

suicidesaints likes this.
  15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Are those frozen versions a good representation of the real thing? I've never had Checker's or Rally's since there aren't any anywhere near me, but I see the fries at WalMart and wonder if I should give them a shot.

16. Anthony_

Never had them, so I don't know. I'd imagine if you deep fried them they'd be good though.

17. angrycandy

I had the fries last night

still good

18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

No spite.

In fact, based on most of your food posts, your palate is a LOT more refined than mine... but when it comes to fries, I don't know what went wrong.

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Can’t we just agree to disagree about in-n-out’s fries? You don’t like them, I think they’re fine (not great, fine). I think you have a good palate, we just disagree about fries from one place! Haha

20. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Now that it’s been a couple weeks....

The Taco Bell fries really weren’t that good. The cheese sauce was the best part, which isn’t a good thing.

21. angrycandy

lol and now comes the backlash

Ken and Anthony_ like this.
  22. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I’d probably like the fries more with heavier seasoning. But really if there’s a $5 box I’ll eat it regardless

Ken likes this.
  23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Honestly, I haven't had Rallys since college, which was 11 years ago. I remember really liking the fries then, so every now and then I'll buy the frozen bag. I like my fries crispy, so I put them in the oven way longer than it says to. I don't remember if they taste exactly like 'the real thing' but I still enjoy them. They're heavily seasoned.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Of course we can agree to disagree. I'm just beating this bit into the ground. I'll leave it alone though.

Ken likes this.
  25. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

When the fries are crispy, they're REALLY good. When they're not, they're very underwhelming. The inconsistency is what kills them.

Larry David and Ken like this.