Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taco Bell • Page 214

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by FTank, Mar 10, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I got it without pico

Micah511 and supernovagirl like this.
  2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

How do you typically customize your melts?

3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I sub out shredded chicken for chunk chicken (free) add onions (free), and add black beans ($0.60) usually. i think it comes out to $1.60? I'll probably switch the beans for nacho fries while they have them though.

I'll also customize the cheesy bean and rice burrito, as I like the sauce better. Sub refried beans for black beans then add chicken, onions, and get it grilled. That's $2.20 I think.

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

you can sub grilled chicken instead of the shredded at no cost?

Ken and supernovagirl like this.
  5. Micah511

YMMV, but at my local Taco Bells, yeah

coleslawed, riotspray and Ken like this.
  6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

you're a very smart person.

coleslawed and Micah511 like this.
  7. Micah511

Thank you. I've had some practice with this. I lived on a street behind a Taco Bell growing up, and both my older brothers worked there. They talked all the time about making their own stuff the way we customize stuff today. This was in the late 90s-early 2000s.

Ken likes this.
  8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

This is inspiring. I'm going to custom order a melt and the cheesy bean & rice burrito next time.

9. Micah511

Getting the cheesy bean and rice burrito grilled is critical. Same goes for any burrito that normally isn't, honestly. Another favorite of mine that isn't exactly cheap is adding fries, onion, and grilling the beefy 5 layer burrito. It was good when that was in a $5 box without fries already.

Dirty Sanchez and Ken like this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Has anyone ever added nacho cheese to the cheesy roll up?

Dirty Sanchez and riotspray like this.
  11. Micah511

While I'm sure I would enjoy eating it, I can't imagine spending $1.70 for a tortilla rolled up with shredded cheese and nacho cheese.

EDIT: although now I am definitely thinking about getting a cheese roll up just to wrap around my free (thanks T-Mobile) hard shell supreme taco.

Ken and riotspray like this.
  12. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I wish I could add beans to the cheesy roll up

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

:drool:

aliens exist, Dirty Sanchez and Ken like this.
  14. this thread inspired me to get a couple cheesy rolly bois and a side of black beans to dip them in

it was delightful

Dirty Sanchez and Ken like this.
  15. Micah511

One time I heard someone order at the counter and ask to add steak to their cheesy roll up. I was sitting there like [​IMG]

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  16. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I tried the buffalo chicken burrito

It was aight

17. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I had the buffalo chicken fries and they were just meh. They were pretty spicy imo but there was so much toppings on mine it just made it like too drenched if that makes sense Hahah
    Either way I’m glad normal fries are back

Anthony_ likes this.
  18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Think I'm gonna try the burrito again with grilled chicken instead of shredded, no pico, and maybe get the sour cream on the side - I think there's potential here, but it's too saucy and with the shredded chicken there's no texture.

19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I thought the chicken and the fries balanced out the sauces pretty well in the burrito, the four that I've had thus far weren't too saucy. In fact, on a couple of them I would have liked more buffalo sauce than I got. It really just depends on how heavy-handed with the sauces the person making your food is, I suppose.

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

mine tasted mostly like sour cream. the whole thing was just goop (not the Gwyneth Paltrow kind) wrapped in a tortilla

Ken likes this.
  21. Micah511

Wednesday is my TB night. This will be my order.

Shredded Chicken Quesadilla Melt, sub out shredded chicken for chunk chicken, add onions and nacho fries
    Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito, add onions and beef, get it grilled
    Supreme Crunchy Taco (thanks t-mobile)
    cheese roll up, just to wrap around the crunchy taco. I hate eating crunchy tacos by themselves.

Will come out to $4.39 + tax. I always drink water. It's still 1,260 calories worth of food, haha.

Joe, supernovagirl, EddieDS and 4 others like this.
  22. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

imthesheriff and K0ta like this.
  23. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

You've inspired me to up my customization game

24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

just a thought but wouldn't you get more bang for your buck by just ordering a side of nacho fries and putting them in the quesadilla yourself? I don't know what they charge to add fries to an item, but it seems like they'd only be able to fit 4 or 5 fries in a quesadilla melt.

supernovagirl and Micah511 like this.
  25. Micah511

I like where you're head's at. It's 70 cents to add fries to an item, but the fries by themselves cost twice as much, $1.40, but I'm sure you get more fries and also a dipping sauce. if they allowed me to change dipping sauce from cheese to say, creamy jalapeno, yeah this might make a lot of sense, but the only sauce they let you switch to is the buffalo sauce, which was just okay for me.

BUT using that nacho cheese to hold together the cheesy roll up and my supreme taco does make me think about doing it, haha

riotspray and supernovagirl like this.