Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop/Pen & Paper RPGs (Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, etc.) • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Apr 10, 2017.

1. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

My group recently started playing a homebrew Advanced Dungeons & Dragons campaign, and I gotta say, this is fucking hard to pick up after exclusively being a 5e player and DM for almost 5 years. I'm glad the same gist of the game is the same, and our DM is happily handholding us through the entire process, but the learning curve and thinking in a completely different system is a chore.

xapplexpiex and theagentcoma like this.
  2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

You can download the first chapter of The Radiant Citadel for free on the D&D Beyond app. I’m really excited for the whole thing coming out in July. Speeljammers is going to rule.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I got the Radiant Citadel book that has a bunch of mini campaigns set in the new Spelljammer setting. Really interesting stuff. Another cool thing is the official soundtrack with songs of different genres to vibe along to.
    E84C540A-1EB0-403C-8F3A-3AA55C4AA329.png

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. swboyd

Starting to DM a 5E homebrew campaign in the Border Kingdoms in March once my group finishes the current story arc for our ADND campaign set in Thesk and Thay...and then we're going to launch into a Dragonlance epic campaign after that. So many plans for campaigns, so little time.

theagentcoma likes this.
  5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

nerd

swboyd likes this.
  6. swboyd

rich coming from the guy writing his own fantasy novel

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. theagentcoma

[​IMG]

8. theagentcoma

I kinda wish I had a group to play D&D with again. When my first wife and I split, that was one of the things she got to keep lol

swboyd likes this.
  9. swboyd

I'm grateful to have been with a consistently meeting in-person group for the last 5 years at this point that's been incredibly accommodating with regards to COVID and having two kids in that time frame.

As a general post from here on out if anyone is interested, I'm always down to participate in a 5E online group and maybe discussing DMing if my schedule allows for it.

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Anyone in here used Fantasy Grounds for D&D before? My captain was showing it to me this past trip and it looks like exactly what I need to be able to run D&D again when I’m away from home. $150 for the full DM version is just a little pricey.

11. swboyd

Never played, but I heard Fantasy Grounds is the gold standard for virtual tabletops if you're willing to pay for it.

I've only played on Roll20 before which was alright. It worked like a charm, but felt very dated and not very intuitive for a new user.

Zach likes this.
  12. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I had never heard of it before this trip so good to know it’s got a solid reputation. I will get the demo and try it out this next trip. Thanks!