Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop Games • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Stephanie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. All great choices!

2. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

My friends and our girlfriends have become pretty obsessed with games over the past 6 months or so. Out current obsessions are 7 Wonders, Catan Seafarers, and Pandemic when its just us. Camel Up, Codenames, and Dixit are our go to party games. Glad this thread exists because we're always looking for more.

theagentcoma, DeviantRogue and scott like this.
  3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I wanna know how Boss Monster is!

4. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

subbin

6. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

played spyfall yesterday and created a backstory about growing up on a farm, becoming a legendary farmer, and wanting to share my knowledge to show that i was a professor at the university. the spy was so confused...as was everyone else

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

dude I played Spyfall for the first time this weekend and it was legit, def gonna pick it up

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've now had the misfortune of playing Betrayal at House on the Hill three times, it's horrible

ChiliTacos likes this.
  9. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Steve, nooooooooo. This is the total opposite of everything I've ever heard about this game, haha. I actually own it but have yet to get a chance to break it out. Looking forward to it.

10. irthesteve Dec 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 29, 2016)
    irthesteve

Kill me now, it's so fucking convoluted with literally 20+ pages of rules you have to learn before you even start the marathon of a game and then you still manage to fuck something up, it's a disaster unless you dedicate your life to playing.

Maybe I just don't want to put that much time into simply learning a game, but I feel like after 3 plays of an hour plus, you should get it.

11. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I love Betrayal! But it also didn't take me that long to figure out. Got the girlfriend the expansion for Christmas but we haven't tabled it yet. If you want to really wrestle with some rules, try Eldritch Horror. I love it now but I was truly miserable for the first playthrough.

12. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

betrayal is alright, but i have a hard time recommending it to anyone. its a bit convoluted and if you aren't playing with people who can move the game along quickly it will be a drag. my biggest issue with it is that when you reach the scenarios, you can figure out who is going to win and lose pretty quickly and don't have to continue playing. i haven't gotten through all of them, but i've played several times and we've never actually completed a game.

i'm becoming a huge fan of coup. for anyone who hasn't played, its a deception game in the resistance universe. highly recommended

13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

My roommates and I tried Betrayal once after I bought it on a whim. It took us a looong time to get to the haunt and when we finally did it was a weird one that didn't say who the betrayer was and we couldn't find the proper rules cause there's like 3 different rule books lol. Hopefully next time will be better.

14. Platy

Sam

I've been tempted by Betrayal but I don't think it'll be that fun with the group I play with, so giving it a pass.

My next must-have game is Black Orchestra, tempted to order it on payday which conveniently is tomorrow.

15. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

parents got us a gift card to the local game store, recommend me something! i'm up for anything.

i already have:
    catan
    machi koro
    codenames

16. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Sushi go? It's been getting a lot of buzz recently.

17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

got that for my sisters for christmas! i'll have to go over and play it with them.

18. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

if you're looking for something quick and easy then Sushi Go. for some longer games, but can do multiple rounds in about an hour then Coup.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  19. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Checking this out. At the moment I'm kind of craving something like DND but easier to pick up and play. The roleplay aspect is probably what I'm looking for (ie like learning new skills or levelling up as the game progresses)

Platy likes this.
  20. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Seafarers expansion for catan adds a lot

Lords of Waterdeep is a good, simple euro.

Kyle is hk likes this.
  21. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Once you go Seafarers you never go back

22. irthesteve

I agree that Seafarers is quite fun. But I do go back, most of the time, hah

23. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Just got Five Tribes for my friend for Christmas. We love it. Fits right in with our rotation of Catan + expansions, Dominion, Smallworld, Carcassone, and the king of stupidly chaotic time-consuming games, Archipelago, which still remains my favorite.

If it doesn't take 3 hours or more, it ain't worth playing.

electro haikus likes this.
  24. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

We're having a game night on Sunday, and I'd really like to start around lunchtime for once. Typically goes people arrive at 6, food comes around 6:30, setup finishes and game begins around 7:30, and then we play something super in-depth until 11 and we're all fried. I'm pushing to start these much earlier so we can take a break or chill a little more if need be. I imagine this'll be an Eldritch session because I just picked up expansions for the girlfriend.

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  25. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

my girlfriend and i bought agricola but we haven't had a chance to delve into it yet. we have been enjoying hive, though. (and carcassonne, which has always been a favorite.)

theagentcoma likes this.