Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop Games • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Stephanie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. devenstonow

Noobie

Bought Pandemic Legacy this week and plan on starting sometime soon

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I need to stop in here more often. I live with my girlfriend and a mutual friend of ours, and we're all board game freaks... just erected our third shelving unit for games haha. We've been playing lately:

The Metagame - This is the game that will replace Cards Against Humanity for a lot of folks - it's loaded with pop culture, quirkiness, history, etc., but it actually encourages discussion. There is a mechanic in place where a player can claim their card is more fitting to the subject on the board than the person whose turn it is, and in that instance, both players must debate their side, and everyone else votes. It also has multiple "modes". We're all itching to play this one again when we can get a full table.

Takenoko - Probably the biggest hit in terms of gathering/objective based games when it comes to roping in casual players. Everyone who has played it with us has understood it within two rounds, and really enjoyed it. Gonna pick up the expansion soon.

Betrayal at House on the Hill - Always classic. Ran this at National Tabletop Day and it got me on a kick. Prepping for the expansion. Still hate the alien scenario.

Talisman - Okay, I've got a real love/hate going on with this game. I love the diversity and sheer size of the roster of characters, and the expansions(of which we have 4 counting Reaper) all really nail adding more to do, and new ways to get ahead - it actually really replicates a lot of what I love about RPG video games. However, if you have 4 or more players, this thing can take up to 5 or more hours. We have had some absolutely painful sessions, and house rules are almost a must. If anyone can guide me to any good community tweaks, that'd rule.

3. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

We have the Metagame (with about twenty cards removed) in our demo library at the FLGS i work for. I've yet to give it a try.

4. Platy

Sam

What games are on people's wishlists? New or old.

I think the games I'm most interested in at the moment is Unfair and The Networks. Other than that it's just expansions for Galaxy Trucker.

5. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Played Flux for the first time last night. Love the chaos of the game and its such a great pick up and play. Recommended

6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I've heard good things about Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective so I'd be down to give that a try

Viva Sonata likes this.
  7. Platy

Sam

Played Galaxy Trucker tonight with 4 people and it's close to being my favourite game. So much fun and chaos, I definitely need to get the expansions for it.

8. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Dammit I've been wanting to get into tabletop gaming but I don't know where to begin. Mouse Guard looks really cool. Anyone ever played?

9. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Amazon has a buy 2 get 1 free deal going on right now. Here's the full list of games, and apparently its still updating.
    On Sale Again! Buy 2, Get 1 Free Games on Amazon

I bought Bang, Codenames, and Dominion. As well as Sushi Go separately. If you haven't played Sushi Go, its a blast and you can find it on Amazon for 3 dollars and free shipping. Well worth it.

Oddpac87 and Colby Searcy like this.
  10. theagentcoma

Bang is such a fun game

11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Has anyone here played Fury of Dracula? One of my roommates just ordered it so we have something to play other than Catan

12. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't played it yet, but I heard its great. Stoked on Dominion too. Everyone that I know that has played it swears by it as their favorite game.

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. Platy

Sam

Just won bids on "Last Will" and "Innovation" on Ebay, can't wait to play them both look good.

14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Motherfuck I definitely should not have smoked before trying to play fury of Dracula for the first time. This game is complicated as hell

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Fury of Dracula is fun as hell holy shit. Lots of strategy and teamwork involved. Highly recommended.

dylan likes this.
  16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Our first full game of FoD lasted almost 4 hours, and I wasn't bored for a second.

dylan likes this.
  17. eight30

Regular

I saw Fury of Dracula last night at the board game store and we were gonna play til we say 2-3 hours on it, haha. We had already been there a few hours. Next time for sure! We instead played Mysterium, which took way too long to figure out and I'm pretty sure we didn't play it right or finish. Oh well!

18. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

19. Platy

Sam

Anyone here played Castles of Mad King Ludwig? Thinking of buying it for someone for Christmas.

Cody likes this.
  20. theagentcoma

Just picked up Star Realms today. I've been wanting to try it for like 2 years.

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Was rocking Bananagrams all thanksgiving break, always a winner

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. matthaber likes this.
  23. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Recently joined a meetup group for playing board games, seem like a solid bunch of people and getting to try out a lot of stuff I've never played before, my history up to this point has been the most commonplace of board games.

Actually buying my first board game in well over 10 years in King of New York + expansion as well as the coup card game, figure my parents/roommates may like those.

24. DeviantRogue likes this.
  25. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Got Dominion and King of Tokyo from that amazon daily deal.

Bought these at a local gaming shop
    [​IMG]

Will probably just stick to online/amazon ordering since it's a good 15-25% cheaper than my shop's pricing. Wanted to toss some support their way tho.

theagentcoma and scott like this.