Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop Games • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Stephanie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

@Joel - little late but Mr Jack Pocket Edition is wonderful, as well as the two player variant for Sushi Go.

Also wow it's been a minute. I'll be at Boston FIG next Saturday. @surette , you gonna make it?

2. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Almost grabbed the D&D beginner box yesterday.

3. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

sounds fantastic, thank you. gonna check if my local shop has Mr Jack this weekend

4. Viva Sonata

Awesome! It's a big seller at the shop I work for.

5. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Any Chicagoland folks around here? Got a stack of tabletop games in my apartment and no one to play with (Pathfinder, Pathfinder ACG, Munchkin, Pandemic, Netrunner, etc. - and Magic, Magic for days hahaha). Would be cool to get together and play some games sometime.

6. Colby Searcy Sep 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 12, 2016)
    Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

New to thread so don't know if it's been mentioned by I'm a Big fan of Tabletop by Will Wheaton and recommend it to others immensely.

Also I'm a big tabletop games fan and grew up playing a lot, we would have a family game night just about every week. I mainly played more of the "kids" games I guess and not necessarily Strategy and/or cooperative type games but I'm definitely interested in some after watching Tabletop.

I likely won't play any games anytime soon because I don't really have friends other than the wife and there aren't too many 2 player games I'm interested in that I've seen but I definitely plan to try and get my almost 1 year old into Tabletop games over the coming years!

Top 5 Tabletop games:
    1)Clue
    2)Where in the USA Is Carmen Sandiego?
    3)1313 Dead End Drive
    4)Dutch Blitz
    5)Phase 10

7. Viva Sonata

@stubbie25 there's actually a very strong scene for two players. I would look into games like Odin's Ravens and Agility.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. Colby Searcy

Thanks for this! I guess I should have also said I don't really have the funds to go buy any new games besides the ones I grew up with but they are mostly at my father's house. Plus we don't really have the room to play/store them in our apartment. When we get a house hopefully in the next few months I plan to get some of the games to play with the wife. It's hard though because her taste in games and the way she thinks makes certain games challenging for her and no fun when she's getting destroyed haha.

9. eight30

Regular

There's a super cool store that opened up that I want to take my friends to but when I say board games I feel like they only think of monopoly so no one is into it. I've tried to explain but I think I just need better friends, haha. I'm not very into it but a friend introduced me to Splendor and Dixit and those are so much fun.

10. Colby Searcy

Hey monopoly is fun as hell, especially the Electronic Banking version, as long as you have an entire day to spend with it haha

11. eight30

Regular

Haha, while I do hate monopoly, I was just using that because I feel like it is the first thing everyone thinks of when you say board game. You're right though, the games are so expensive! The place that just opened around here has open games that you can go play and probably about 20 tables in the back. They host a bunch of game nights and such so check and see if something like that is in your area!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. Colby Searcy

I believe the LCS near me does something like this but I have a little one so its hard to go places. I'm just ready for him to be big enough to play with us!

13. Viva Sonata

Having my first game night at my apartment tomorrow night!

scott and Colby Searcy like this.
  14. Colby Searcy

Whatcha playin?

15. Viva Sonata

Just some light stuff - Camel Up, Epic Spell Wars

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. Viva Sonata

My first game night was a success! We got Camel Up, Takenoko, and a Korean dexterity game called Wood Man on the table before people went home.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. Viva Sonata

My manager told me yesterday that we got our application approved to distribute Cards Against Humanity legally by the company that makes it.

UUUUUUGH.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. Colby Searcy

Not a fan?

20. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I assume you don't like the novelty aspect but it can't be a bad thing to increase traffic in the shop, no?

21. Colby Searcy

Finishing up watching the last episode of TableTop S3 today and man I love this series. Never knew there were so many cool games out there!

22. Viva Sonata

It's a dumb game that relies on shock value and people who are generally awful like to play it in a non ironic sense. I wash my hands of it.

I'm glad the company is nonprofit tho.

23. All of you should be paying attention to/consider backing Thornwatch.

Been following it for years, created by Mike from Penny Arcade, but they brought on Loneshark Games (Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Betrayal at House on the Hill: Widow’s Walk) to produce it. Got to playtest it a couple years ago and it's really, really cool.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  24. Viva Sonata

I have major problems with that guy but I'll take a look today when I open.

Forgot how much I loved Lords of Waterdeep until I replayed it at work last night. Excellent game.

25. Platy

Sam

Subbin' and reposting my little collection after being directed here.

[​IMG]

This is just to support my brother's massive collection of games.

Have you played with the Scoundrels of Skullport expansion? Really compliments the game well, don't think I'll play it without now.