Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop Games • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Stephanie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Do you guys have a top 5 board games or something? Currently want to buy something but can't figure out what exactly I want.

And in other news played werewolf inquisition, pandemic and betrayal this weekend. The last one is so fun even though it's only gonna be a matter of time until it gets repetitive. Still fun though.

2. will_000

funny you should ask.

im a big fan of cash n guns, it's a pretty easy to grasp party-ish game that has you pointing foam guns at people and getting loot. it's a great time.

3. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

@will_000 looks fun. Thanks haha. Checking where i can find one locally.

Is doomtown any good?

4. Granite Game Summit was a success! Played a bunch of stuff -- Coup, Codenames, Love Letter, Cinelinx, Sheriff of Nottingham, Burger Boss, Sushi Go, Bottom of the 9th.

5. Viva Sonata May 16, 2016
    (Last edited: May 16, 2016)
    Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

I worked a 12 hour day that day, otherwise I'd have been there. I'm shooting for Boston FIG.

scott likes this.
  6. Viva Sonata

On a separate note, our Grand Opening event for the game/puzzle shop I work for went really well! I only showed up for the last chunk of it and worked until close but I got to play Ghost Stories and Antidote, both of which I enjoyed immensely, as well as Five Tribes.

scott likes this.
  7. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Played a whole lot of new games last night. Resistance Coup with the Reformation expansion, Codenames, Sushi Go, Spyfall, and Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullsfyre. Not a single game I dislike and ordered Spyfall afterwards. May buy Epic Spell Wars too.

8. Viva Sonata

Spiel de Jahres nominations are out. Highest honor a board game could get. Codenames, Pandemic Legacy, and TIME Stories are among the nominees.

9. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Just bought Codenames, Pandemic Legacy, Spyfall and Munchkin Legends. Impromptu trip to a Barnes and Noble will do that to ya.

scott likes this.
  10. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

50% off sale just started, right? I need to go check out my local store.

11. drewinseries

Drew

My roommates and I casually play Magic. We hit it hard for a few months but now its kind of dropped off which sucks because I put some money into it.

Always wanted to play D&D but never have.

12. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Same here. Been catching up on Critical Role on youtube and it's making me want to even more.

13. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

Played King of Tokyo today, really great game. A lot of fun.

14. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I love these games but I don't have anyone to play with. Me and my friend play Magic, Munchkin, used to pay my fair share of Catan, and Ascension.

We just got into this game called Heroclix because it blends my love for superhero collectibles with table top games with blind boxes with straight up any superhero team you can create!!! I haven't played it yet but I have about 21 clix now I'm just waiting for my friend to get his starter set. Does anyone here play?

15. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Play King of New York when you get the chance. Builds on just about every mechanic of the core game, adds a lot more depth of play and balance.

DeviantRogue likes this.
  16. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

will do, thanks!

17. GettingSodas

Really getting into this shit lately. I recently bought a Dice masters starter set, a cool game called Boss Monster. Boss Monster was pretty fun.

I also am interested in playing Legendary. Anyone here play any of that?

18. GettingSodas

Any if you guys play Pathfinder? I'm trying to get into it but as someone on the outside looking in, it's very confusing on what I should get first

19. GettingSodas

Grabbed the beginner box for Pathfinder. Probably playing today

20. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Alright, just picked up Machi Koro, Patchwork and Boss Monster. First three I own, feel like this will probably become a hobby!

Just did a round of Machi, was really fun. Setting up Patchwork now

GettingSodas likes this.
  21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Machi Koro is super super fun!

Joel likes this.
  22. GettingSodas

Never heard of it. I'm gonna have to check it out.

Edit: looks pretty cool!

Joel and ChiliTacos like this.
  23. GettingSodas

So I played Settlers of Catan again this weekend and I really like it, more than I ever have. What's the coolest expansion to grab for that game?

24. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit is Patchwork ever great

25. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Still obsessed with Patchwork. Want to get a couple more games this weekend, any good 2p recommendations? Hive looks pretty cool but I don't even know how to play chess so I'm unsure if I should fuck with that yet