Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop Games • Page 29

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Stephanie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

i play tichu on bga on a weekly basis. its really great since friends have moved all over

2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

We played Exit The Enchanted Forest and The Deserted Lighthouse this weekend.

Enchanted Forest was good. Deserted Lighthouse was quite difficult. The jigsaw puzzles were fine and had some neat puzzles but very difficult and abstract

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

finally finally got to bust out Root again after having it for 2.5 years and only playing it once. Brother-in-law is completely sucked in, he downloaded it on his phone and played it in bed last night and before work this morning lol

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. What’s everyone’s favorite board game review YouTube channel?

I’m kinda partial to Dice Tower just cuz I think they’re ridiculous but also honest. But I want to find another channel that’s good to subscribe to.

Also, does anyone else besides me watch hours worth of board game reviews but never buys anything? Haha

5. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

Subbing to this thread for that good shit

theagentcoma and JRShoenberger like this.
  6. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Yeah, I'd say most of my youtube is just board game reviews. lol.

I'm actually on The Dice Tower's Board Game Breakfast, so I'm partial to the Dice Tower too. I think the more I've gotten to know them, I've been more invested in their thoughts on things, because I do trust them more than most other outlets.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. theagentcoma

yeah Dice Tower has always been good

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

going to a game convention this week and they have a ton of tabletop games you can freely rent out. anything i should be on the lookout for, aka your favorite game that you love telling people to play? we have five people in our group

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. theagentcoma

Root Root Root Root Root

But I've also recently played Chronicles of Crime and Clank! and they were both great

10. JRShoenberger

Trusted

These are all great suggestions. Root might not play 5. I think Clank might? I can’t remember.

theagentcoma likes this.
  11. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I think Skate Summer might play 5. That’s one of my favorites from last year.

12. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I watch Before You Play on YouTube, some JonGetsGames as well

13. theagentcoma

Got Scythe on the table tonight. That's a fun one, but there were only two of us. The mech minis are so cool.

14. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I love Scythe. Recently I played Ark Nova which I loved. Also played Planet Unknown which was fun too.

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Planet Unknown is really good. I thought Ark Nova was solid, but I know most people like it more than me.

theagentcoma likes this.
  16. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Anyone playing digital games? I put soooo many hours into Tabletop Simulator in the past 4 or so years. (288 hours to be exact)

I'm a bit out of practice since I moved away from my board game group in 2020, picked up some steam copies of Dominion, and Race/Roll to the Galaxy

I also bought Twilight Struggle long ago, but don't have anyone to play with.

But yeah, it's a fucking BUMMER moving away from your game group that met once a week to never playing at all... I have so many games that never got to see the table put up in my closet.

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

What's everyone's favorite/best board games for little children? My son is turning 4 soon and I think we're gonna make it a board game birthday gift list so we can start playing some games with him. I've been out of the game (rimshot) for a while so I've been trying to remember what games a 4 year old can do/like. Off the top of my head I got:

Chutes and Ladders
    Candyland
    Hungry Hungry Hippos

And that's all I can remember haha. All the other ones I can think of are a bit too advanced for a 4 year old.

18. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Check out Haba's line of games. They really are the kings of kids games. Animal Upon Animal, Rhino Hero, Rabbit Rally, are all bangers.

OwainGlyndwr and David87 like this.
  19. theagentcoma

TTS is one of the first things I bought on Steam, but I haven't touched it in years. I used it to play a lot of stuff that didn't/doesn't have a digital version and are either dead or dying games (Star Wars Destiny, Warhammer Underworlds, etc).

I went from 2.5 years of no friends in Florida to moving in with my sister and her husband and he has a closet full of games. I still joined the local Boardgame group on Facebook and actually met up with a few people to play two weeks ago and it was great. You should see if there's one in your area!

My nephew is way into Skyjo but he's 6 and that might be a little too advanced, there's some math involved

David87 likes this.
  20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Candyland and hungry hungry hippos were favorites in our household. Might be best reserved for a little older, but Sorry, connect 4, and battleship also yield fond memories.

21. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Unfortunately, I've done a bunch of digging and there are just no groups out here. We have a "tabletop" store but they just sell magic cards and D&D-related material and I have no interest in either. Oddly have a Warhammer shop too, but otherwise, this town where I live is a death-knell to any niche interests.

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Clue is a classic or Clue Jr.

23. theagentcoma

Played Wingspan for the first time last night after wanting to play it for so long. I've had it on my Switch for months but fell asleep during the tutorial and never went back lol.

Any other recs for peaceful and aesthetically pleasing games? Cascadia and Kohaku look like some other good ones

disambigujason likes this.
  24. digitalsea

hate my favorite band Supporter

I’m a big fan of Parks, I think that fits

theagentcoma likes this.
  25. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I don't know Kohaku, but Cascadia is an all-time favorite of mine. I recently played Dog Park and really enjoyed it. Earth is also wonderful, but a bit heavier (not too much, though).

theagentcoma likes this.